Contribute
Register

Ethernet (Intel I217-LM) not working, IntelMausi kexts not functioning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard OR system make & model # > See Rules!
CPU
i5 > Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey there,
I got my first real Hackintosh working and it uses onboard Ethernet. During the initial install I was able to connect to the network, but whilst setting up macOS (10.15 Catalina is what I use) I have to choose the option that the "Mac" doesn't connect to the network, otherwise the setup assistant crashes and the system restarts.
So now, in the system I went to System Preferences and into Network, but when I click on the plus symbol to add a connection I get thrown back to the main screen and get the error that the network pane crashes.
I have searched many forums for solutions and tried the IntelMausi and the IntelMausiEthernet kexts and they both don't seem to work.

I'm getting really desperate and hope someone can help me. Thanks in advance. :)

Buy a cheap nic based on the Realtek 8111 chipset, install and use it. I have one board where the same happened to me all the time the onboard nic would just vanish it used that piece of junk controller too. Booting with an Ubuntu live disk would bring it back to use for the next macOS boot but I got tired of that foolishness and went with add in card which has never failed to activate since installed.

Edit: It cost me something like $15 to get two of them delivered to my door from China. Money well spent.

Last edited:
Which motherboard are you using? How is anyone to know if you actually have an Intel Ethernet port, if you can’t tell us which board you are using.

If it is a pre-built system, what”s the make and model?

Good evening,
the System is a Fujitsu Esprimo E920 E85+.
I already found a solution though, I used the USBCDEthernet Kext as mentioned in this thread when I tried to use a USB to Ethernet Adapter and it somehow fixed the onboard Ethernet Controller as well:

Okay thanks I'll update ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back