Contribute
Register

Ethernet connected but no internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, i am having a similar issue here, my hack was working fine were it was autodetecting the ip/gateway/dns, etc., but due to a recent isp modem swap because of damage, it now will not work.

The difference with my setup was that i have the hack connected via a switch to another machine, a pc, sharing its internet connection, this all worked fine until the modem failure. This setup was working through the 3 modem swaps i had, but now using the same model modem i initially had its not working anymore, i have tried several ways to get this back up and running but i just cant figure it out. The other thing is, the pc sees the hack through the lan connection and having shared files enabled i can navigate the hack's hard drive through windows on the pc.

In the past if for some reason the hack was disconnected from the pc or internet went down, or the pc had to be rebooted, the hack would go into random ip/mask and then pick the correct stuff as soon as the pc came back, now its not doing it. I am running 10.9.2 right now.

Any ideas?

This might be a little too late but, I'm having wifi issues... I have Yosemite installed on a Toshiba Satellite laptop and everything that I have tried, including an external USB wifi adapter didn't work. Windows 7 picks up my wifi connection easily so I was wandering what I'm doing wrong. Also Ethernet doesn't work, says its connected but nothing. Thanks, Nick

This might be a little too late but, I'm having wifi issues... I have Yosemite installed on a Toshiba Satellite laptop and everything that I have tried, including an external USB wifi adapter didn't work. Windows 7 picks up my wifi connection easily so I was wandering what I'm doing wrong. Also Ethernet doesn't work, says its connected but nothing. Thanks, Nick

WiFi/Bluetooth: Depends on having compatible hardware. Use DPCIManager->PCI List to find out what you have. Compatible chipsets and the procedures for making them work are covered here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out. Install drivers (kexts) appropriate for your hardware.

I'm having the same problem here but I think I found what is causing it.
My network settings shows that ethernet is connected but no internet access, also I couldn't acces my router's ip address.
I tried to install openwrt with ipv6 on my router to test all cases. Everything worked well and when I opened my browser google.com was loaded but other sites won't because only my ipv6 conectivity was working and google is an ipv6 site.
Looking throught system report I found this: View attachment 96058

It appears that for some reason on ipv4 connection those additional routes appear and I'm sure that they are causing the problem.
Anybody knows how can I manually delete those or why they appear?

Did you solve the problem? Exact the same here with Onboard Intel I210 AT, which should be compatible?! Even with AppleIGB.kext no connection..

Help please..

urm..... My hackintosh even can't detect ethernet cable is plugged or not help please, I plug in the cable but my hackintosh no respond?
Why? How?

urm..... My hackintosh even can't detect ethernet cable is plugged or not help please, I plug in the cable but my hackintosh no respond?
Why? How?
This forum is for desktop support only.
If you are having issues with your laptop post in the appropriate laptop forum.

I have the same problem but for me
ethernet option is showing but i cant connect to internet.
Ethernet cable is coming from my router.
Ip address is also not displaying
Please help

@krushan, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

This is my first hackintosh, I'm using the GA H77N Wifi motherboard installed lnx2macs while installing with multibeast. I use an ethernet cable but I'm unable to connect to any websites even when my network preferences shows that I'm connected. It also switches between connected and no ip.
First connect it to router and then to your pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back