Graphics
none
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is my first hackintosh, I'm using the GA H77N Wifi motherboard installed lnx2macs while installing with multibeast. I use an ethernet cable but I'm unable to connect to any websites even when my network preferences shows that I'm connected. It also switches between connected and no ip.

Can anyone help me?

This is my first hackintosh, I'm using the GA H77N Wifi motherboard installed lnx2macs while installing with multibeast. I use an ethernet cable but I'm unable to connect to any websites even when my network preferences shows that I'm connected. It also switches between connected and no ip.

Does it pick up an IP address from DHCP?

Can you uninstall lnx2mac and try the Realtek driver? See if that works.

It does pick up an ip address, but I still can't connect to any websites.

I've uninstalled lnx2mac and installed the realtek drivers and I still get the same results.

Ya don't use that smbios if u don't have to, we set the Mac Pro 3,1 as default for a reason.

Also you hav the Atheros ethernet not realtek, use MultiBeast to install that one instead.

Ya don't use that smbios if u don't have to, we set the Mac Pro 3,1 as default for a reason.

Also you hav the Atheros ethernet not realtek, use MultiBeast to install that one instead.

Should I then uninstall Linux2Mac's RealtekRTL81x? And how do I do that?

it should be fine even if u don't remove it.

To remove it look for RealtekRTL81xx.kext in your S/L/E folder and just delete it then run Kext Utility to repair perms and rebuild cache

It does pick up an ip address, but I still can't connect to any websites.

I've uninstalled lnx2mac and installed the realtek drivers and I still get the same results.

You have 2 LAN ports correct? Can you disable one of them in BIOS and try again. I have a Z77N board with 2 x Realtek lan and they both work fine. Not sure why your doesn't.

You said it picked up the IP from DHCP, is it also picking up the gateway and DNS IPs?

Can you ping your router? You should be able to if you're picking an IP from your router.

Can you see other computers on your network?

Also try pinging 74.125.135.100. (which is google.com)

I've had the same problem. But it's working now. The only thing I did was go into bios and hit AUTO-DETECT on the LAN menu and let it run for a while.
I've also set the onboard graphics RAM from 256MB to 128MB because I remembered that the issues started when I changed that value.

It's worth a try.

I have the same problem like yours and I also enter the correct IP, DNS etc from my office LAN and it didn't connect to internet although the status connected. My Asus A45A using Apple8169Ethernet.kext from Multibeast. But now it's working after I changed VGA shared from 64MB to 128MB and try to plug your LAN cable from boot. It's automatically detecting the IP, default gateway, DNS server, domain etc.
Thanks for share the VGA tricks. It's working now. For you, GoodLuck. Peace from Indonesia!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back