Contribute
Register

Ethernet "cable unplugged" after wake from sleep Z68X-UD3H-B3 + ML 10.8.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Prior to the UEFI bios the PCIe NIC had no problem that I could see waking from sleep.

Would it be possible to revert back to non-UEFI bios, extract DSDT using Darwin Dumper, then reinstalled UEFI bios and extract new DSDT and send to me so i can see if they changed anything in the power sections of the PCIe ports in the DSDT.

Would it be possible to revert back to non-UEFI bios, extract DSDT using Darwin Dumper, then reinstalled UEFI bios and extract new DSDT and send to me so i can see if they changed anything in the power sections of the PCIe ports in the DSDT.

Not sure. I have Darwin Dumper but have not used it. I will also need to get the related BIOS and DSDT in place. I will give it a shot and let you know.

Not sure. I have Darwin Dumper but have not used it. I will also need to get the related BIOS and DSDT in place. I will give it a shot and let you know.

I've sent my NIC to gigabyte so they can test with it and figure out what the problem is. Hopefully they can figure out what the issue is and fix it in a BIOS update. But it will definitely help to know whether the non-UEFI bios works correctly.

OK, this is going to make me look totally stupid. I just ran Darwin Dumper and I don't see a way to dump the DSDT. I run it and it gives me an HTML report in Safari but none of the options on the dumper say DSDT.

What am I missing?

OK, this is going to make me look totally stupid. I just ran Darwin Dumper and I don't see a way to dump the DSDT. I run it and it gives me an HTML report in Safari but none of the options on the dumper say DSDT.

What am I missing?

Darwin Dumper should create a zip file or folder on your desktop with a bunch of subfolders. One of them is called ACPI and contains the aml and dsl files. You can just zip up that ACPI folder and send that.

Darwin Dumper should create a zip file or folder on your desktop with a bunch of subfolders. One of them is called ACPI and contains the aml and dsl files. You can just zip up that ACPI folder and send that.

OK. Got it. I will work on it this weekend. I would do it sooner but have commitments for Friday that I can't break.

Exact same issue here (same MB but with 10.8.2.). Unfortunately I can't say if its related to UEFI BIOS switch or not, I upgrade from Lion to ML and from F10 to UEFI at the same time. I bought the Ethernet card to avoid these sleep problems :(. Sleep was working perfectly in Lion (I purchased Firewire and Ethernet cards to avoid previous sleep issues.)

I'll try the PCIe graphics slot trick. I have moved my 6870 to the x8 slot anyways to make room for other cards. I tried some benchmarks of x16 vs x8 and there was perhaps 1-2 FPS difference in Unigine, for example.

Any chance this is related to system definition? MacPro's had these Ethernet chips standard? I am using iMac 12,2 versus MacPro 5,1 in Lion.

I sent my NIC to Gigabyte so they could test and they confirmed the issue on their end with my Z77X-UP5 TH board. They sent the card to their BIOS engineering team in Japan Taiwan to see if they could fix the issue with a BIOS update. I still haven't heard back but will post when i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back