CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
This is the error I get when I try to reboot after a successful initial installation. I have tried using MultiBeast to only make the hdd UEFI bootable (no other options selected), or CC to do the same thing. In both cases I get the following screen. Every time I've had to do a full re-install. Pulling my hair out over this . . . ongoing for 3 weeks now.
IMG_0248.JPG

This is the error I get when I try to reboot after a successful initial installation. I have tried using MultiBeast to only make the hdd UEFI bootable (no other options selected), or CC to do the same thing. In both cases I get the following screen. Every time I've had to do a full re-install. Pulling my hair out over this . . . ongoing for 3 weeks now. View attachment 371310
Link to laptop guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

From that laptop guide it gives good advice re: getting unstuck (Fake ID 0x12345678), but not how to get acceleration.

HD 3000 systems need a special configuration, which is available in Multibeast.

The only Intel HD option in MultiBeast (for High Sierra) is "Intel HD 6xx". How does that relate to the HD 3000? Is HD 3000 support dead in High Sierra??

From that laptop guide it gives good advice re: getting unstuck (Fake ID 0x12345678), but not how to get acceleration.

The only Intel HD option in MultiBeast (for High Sierra) is "Intel HD 6xx". How does that relate to the HD 3000? Is HD 3000 support dead in High Sierra??
multibeast is not used in the laptop guide

use a config.plist with hd3000 in the title

OK, maybe I'm mis-reading something here. I downloaded the zip and copied the HD3000 1366x768 (non-7-series) config.plist. When I open it in Clover Configurator it shows both Nvidea and ATI as being injected but not Intel (in Graphics). Can that be right? What am I missing?

OK, maybe I'm mis-reading something here. I downloaded the zip and copied the HD3000 1366x768 (non-7-series) config.plist. When I open it in Clover Configurator it shows both Nvidea and ATI as being injected but not Intel (in Graphics). Can that be right? What am I missing?
clover configurator can cause issues with config.plist's, try not to use it

and yes, the nvidia and ati are injected to stop issues on reaching the installer

more info here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-only-ran-for-0-seconds-with-dual-gpu.233092/

try and use the config.,plist untouched

try and use the config.,plist untouched
I did and it totally fubar'd my system . . . somehow I even had a new clover boot without any drives showing. Did a complete reinstall from USB and now I'm back to where I was. So are you saying I should use something like BBedit to manually edit the 500+ lines of the new config.plist? Do I just eliminate the non-relevant sections (such as inject ATI, etc)? I haven't seen a guide on how to do this properly / safely. Is there one?

I did and it totally fubar'd my system . . . somehow I even had a new clover boot without any drives showing. Did a complete reinstall from USB and now I'm back to where I was. So are you saying I should use something like BBedit to manually edit the 500+ lines of the new config.plist? Do I just eliminate the non-relevant sections (such as inject ATI, etc)? I haven't seen a guide on how to do this properly / safely. Is there one?
config.plist's are not normally over 500 lines, you can use xcode or Plist Edit pro to edit them

config.plist's are not normally over 500 lines, you can use xcode or Plist Edit pro to edit them

I found this on another site for my exact model but from a few years ago as part of a Yosemite install. I basically ignored it thinking it was just a small part of the overall config.plist. Might this actually be all I need?

EDIT: The other site called this a boot plist . . . not sure if it's supposed to be the same thing as config.plist.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>debug=8 ahcidisk=1</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>DType</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>