Contribute
Register

Error after updating my Probook 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just reinstall the kext files provided in the Probook Installer, so I check the OS X Support kexts box, or is it required to delete in some way the old kext files before I reinstall them ?

Can I just reinstall the kext files provided in the Probook Installer, so I check the OS X Support kexts box, or is it required to delete in some way the old kext files before I reinstall them ?

If you reinstall them, it will delete the ones you have and then install the ones from the installer.
That will also fix your org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Okay this ended in a kernel panic. Now I'm in safe mode -x and try to restore the system to the previous level.

Okay this ended in a kernel panic. Now I'm in safe mode -x and try to restore the system to the previous level.

What kind of KP? Do you have proper DSDT and SSDT installed?

Yeah SSDT is installed from the Probook Installer, the DSDT is created with the help of your guide by my own. (patched all.txt)
Now it seems that i defeated the kernel panic. With kext wizard, deleting kexts that came twice, and then use "repair permissions"..
But still left with 1024x768.. mh strange. Or is it the max. resolution, even if under Windows 7, I get 1368x768 ?

edit: I considered to use the DSDT from the Installer instead of my own patched, but you said "For some reason, these DSDTs don't seem to work with SL"

Yeah SSDT is installed from the Probook Installer, the DSDT is created with the help of your guide by my own. (patched all.txt)
Now it seems that i defeated the kernel panic. With kext wizard, deleting kexts that came twice, and then use "repair permissions"..
But still left with 1024x768.. mh strange. Or is it the max. resolution, even if under Windows 7, I get 1368x768 ?

You might want to start over and follow the guide exactly. I'm thinking that you did something in Multibeast we may not understand how to undo. It sounds like perhaps your kernel cache is not building correctly, which can happen if you end up with corrupt or incorrect kexts.

A successful kernel cache build should look something like this (this is from ML) in Console.app:
Code:
Jan  9 15:11:21 localhost authexec[5763]: executing /usr/sbin/kextcache
Jan  9 15:11:26 localhost com.apple.kextcache[5764]: / locked; waiting for lock.
Jan  9 15:11:30 localhost com.apple.kextcache[5764]: Lock acquired; proceeding.
Jan  9 15:11:30 localhost com.apple.kextcache[5764]: /: no supported helper partitions to update.

I still know what I did with Multibeast, I installed the VoodooHDA 0.2.72 kext because the Probook Installer didn't isntalled my Audio Card. Now I got audio. This was the only thing I did there.
Where can I get this kernel cache build history, like this one you posted ?

edit: another problem that I discovered is that flash doesn't work correctly (youtube, soundcloud...) Has it s.th. to do with the wrong graphics maybe ?

I still know what I did with Multibeast, I installed the VoodooHDA 0.2.72 kext because the Probook Installer didn't isntalled my Audio Card. Now I got audio. This was the only thing I did there.
Where can I get this kernel cache build history, like this one you posted ?

You don't want VoodooHDA. You should get audio with patched AppleHDA.kext coming from Probook installer. MB might delete the AppleHDA for you because having both is bad. Now you probably have both again, because the Probook installer *does not* delete VoodooHDA if it is there.

edit: another problem that I discovered is that flash doesn't work correctly (youtube, soundcloud...) Has it s.th. to do with the wrong graphics maybe ?

That is a graphics issue. Once you get graphics working properly (loading HD3000 drivers), you should be good to go for flash...

Okay. Then I reinstall SL tomorrow without touching Multibeast, only in the way, like written in your guide. Then I report back if it worked or not. Thank You so far !!

Okay I figured out my mistake.... What a stupid one *shame* I didn't realize that i have to precise my processor type, I just checked the box "i5" in the installer, so he installed all types. Now I'm fine ! Only the hdmi does not work. Would be nice if it works, but it's not so important. I'm really happy and I thank you a lot for your help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back