Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,

I bought me an Hp Probook 4530s with the hope to get OSX 10.6.8 running on it, parallel with Windows 7. Windows 7 is already well installed, no problems with that (with help of the dual boot guide here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html).

To try to reach my goal I followed this guide here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/78905-guide-installing-snow-leopard-hp-probook.html

My problem is, after updating to 10.6.8 I never got to the Desktop anymore; I'm booting with iBoot CD (bootloader is another topic with boot0 error...)
I read many posts on this site, tried to use the DSDT file from the installer, tried to use MultiBeast instead of the Probook Installer 6. Nothing worked.
When I use -v it seems to me if there is a problem with the bluetooth device, so I deactivated it into the bios, with no effect.
I don't want that you think I never used the search function or don't tried as much as I could try with my knowledge (because this is my first post), but after days of struggling, I now reached the point where I don't know anymore what to do (I tried to install about 15 times OSX 10.6.8 for now...)
However many thanks to all you nice guys, who created these guides, programs, solutions etc. without you I wouldn't even think of that it is possible !

I attached two pictures, one is about my system (Intel HD 3000 graphics) and the other one is the error message. (I don't knew how to embed pictures in the posting)

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 335
  • error.jpg
    error.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 1,522
Hey guys,

I bought me an Hp Probook 4530s with the hope to get OSX 10.6.8 running on it, parallel with Windows 7. Windows 7 is already well installed, no problems with that (with help of the dual boot guide here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html).

To try to reach my goal I followed this guide here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/78905-guide-installing-snow-leopard-hp-probook.html

My problem is, after updating to 10.6.8 I never got to the Desktop anymore; I'm booting with iBoot CD (bootloader is another topic with boot0 error...)
I read many posts on this site, tried to use the DSDT file from the installer, tried to use MultiBeast instead of the Probook Installer 6. Nothing worked.
When I use -v it seems to me if there is a problem with the bluetooth device, so I deactivated it into the bios, with no effect.
I don't want that you think I never used the search function or don't tried as much as I could try with my knowledge (because this is my first post), but after days of struggling, I now reached the point where I don't know anymore what to do (I tried to install about 15 times OSX 10.6.8 for now...)
However many thanks to all you nice guys, who created these guides, programs, solutions etc. without you I wouldn't even think of that it is possible !

I attached two pictures, one is about my system (Intel HD 3000 graphics) and the other one is the error message. (I don't knew how to embed pictures in the posting)

Just to clarify, you made it to step 16? I'm a little confused because you say you can't reach the desktop (implying you are booting), and you have updated to 10.6.8, which implies you also ran the Probook installer, installed Chimera boot loader, etc. So at that point, you should be booting off the HDD (I doubt you would be able to boot the completed system with iBoot, so why are you doing that??).

Or perhaps I misunderstand where you are at...

Up to step 16 everything works fine. I'm stuck in the point, where he tries to boot from HDD. I thought it would always work with the iBoot-CD to fully boot the system ???
I was doing that, because when I tried the first time to install SL to the second partition (after Windows 7 was installed) everything worked fine until I got a boot0 error at startup, and the guide to fix it http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=61081 didn't seem to me to work for laptops (method 2) and I haven't got a Lion Retail DVD (method 1), so I continued trying to set up and boot the system with the help of iBoot and first ignored the bootloader. But you're right, Chimera is installed, but when I do nothing at the startup he normally boots windows (i can see two or three lines for a short moment something with "boot0..." or so) then he normally boots Windows 7. Should I do the routine under point 4 written here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html after having done point 15 in your guide ?

Up to step 16 everything works fine. I'm stuck in the point, where he tries to boot from HDD. I thought it would always work with the iBoot-CD to fully boot the system ???

Don't know if iBoot will boot a fully installed SL system. Never tried it. You'd probably be better off using Unibeast (ML or Lion) to apply the boot0 fix and perhaps it will work to boot fully installed SL partition too.

I was doing that, because when I tried the first time to install SL to the second partition (after Windows 7 was installed) everything worked fine until I got a boot0 error at startup, and the guide to fix it http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=61081 didn't seem to me to work for laptops (method 2) and I haven't got a Lion Retail DVD (method 1), so I continued trying to set up and boot the system with the help of iBoot and first ignored the bootloader.

You still will need to Install Chimera using the installer just as the guide says because the boot0 fix only installs a portion of Chimera (just the stage1 partition boot loader, boot1h).

Method 1 will work for laptops, and that is what you should be doing. But you shouldn't take what it says to type literally (perhaps you know this). For example, I'm guessing that you could have your OS X partition at /dev/disk0s3, instead of what the boot0 guide assumes, /dev/disk0s2) because perhaps your Windows partition is at /dev/disk0s2. But you should verify using 'diskutil list' to be sure you are applying boot1h to the right partition.

But you're right, Chimera is installed, but when I do nothing at the startup he normally boots windows (i can see two or three lines for a short moment something with "boot0..." or so) then he normally boots Windows 7. Should I do the routine under point 4 written here http://tonymacx86.blogspot.de/2009/11/dual-boot-windows-7-and-os-x-snow.html after having done point 15 in your guide ?

That's just a normal boot0 error. You get a instant boot into Windows if you install Windows first and have a 4k/AF drive where you must do the boot0 fix after.

No need to follow part4 of that link (setting active partition). You just need to apply boot0 fix properly...

So am I right that for method one boot0 error fix, It's necessary to have a Lion oder MountainLion installation file or DVD ?
So I need to buy one in the app store ?

So am I right that for method one boot0 error fix, It's necessary to have a Lion oder MountainLion installation file or DVD ?
So I need to buy one in the app store ?

You could probably also use iBoot. Boot into iBoot like you're going to install SL again. When you get there, you can run Disk Utility and Terminal as the instructions say. Because you previously installed Chimera to your HDD, you will find the boot1h file on your HDD:

/Volumes/<label-of-your-installed-partition>/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h

So it is the same instructions, except you're getting the boot1h file from your HDD instead of the USB stick.

Should work as long as 'dd' is available from the Terminal on the SL install DVD.

Okay thanks for your help until now !!! , I will check it immediately and than report back soon.

Okay, the terminal says "No such file or directory" with "deactivated" my so called "Snow Leopard" partition. When I let it active Terminal says "Resource busy".. Mhh maybe too late and I'll continue after getting a little bit sleep. Thank you very much so far !

Okay, the terminal says "No such file or directory" with "deactivated" my so called "Snow Leopard" partition. When I let it active Terminal says "Resource busy".. Mhh maybe too late and I'll continue after getting a little bit sleep. Thank you very much so far !

Oh... I guess since you unmounted the partition using disk utility it isn't going to be available. Seems like you're going to have to copy the boot1h file somewhere (usb key, usb drive, somewhere that is accessible) other than the SL partition before you unmount it, so you have it handy for the 'dd' command.

Oh... I guess since you unmounted the partition using disk utility it isn't going to be available. Seems like you're going to have to copy the boot1h file somewhere (usb key, usb drive, somewhere that is accessible) other than the SL partition before you unmount it, so you have it handy for the 'dd' command.

Thank you so much !!! It worked fine and now I'm able to boot with Chimera :)
Still some problems with graphics resolution but I try to fix it first by myself before asking again.

Another big THANKS to you !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back