Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick update on my Geekbench score. I had been a bit concerned that I was only getting 18000.
So I put in a second matching 8GB stick of ram and re-ran the benchmark.
now I get :
single core - 3554
Multi core - 21168

Im very happy with that!

And only draws 21W running but idle - from the wall.

Last edited:
Hey guys. Thanks for the writeup. Hoping I can get some guidance here - complete hackintosh noob. I have a similar build, but with dedicated graphics:

- Asrock Z370m-ITX/AC
- i5 8600K
- WD Black M.2 NVMe
- 1x16Gb HyperX Fury DDR4-2666
- Zotac GTX 1060
- using onboard network and audio

Prepared installer with 10.13.3. Replaced EFI/CLOVER with your setup. I removed ig-platform-id from config.plist, turned off Inject Intel, and followed this guide for Nvidia. Also booting in verbose mode. Tried nv_disable as well but no difference.

I also disabled VT-d in BIOS as I read that on many other guides, not sure if it makes a difference here.

Every time I boot the installer, the text eventually gets jumbled and a cancel icon appears in the center of the screen. Last readable thing is: ACPI Exception: AE_NOT_FOUND During name lookup/catalog (20160930/psobject-310)

Any advice? I'm assuming it has to be related to the graphics cards since it is the most significant difference. I've read other guides saying you have to install with iGPU only first then you install the card and drivers after getting the install working on iGPU. I will try that eventually but would like to avoid that if possible.

Update: Eventually got past the issue with the graphics. Regardless tried removing the card and reverting the settings to try installing only with the iGPU. Either way I get to the part saying:
DSMOS has arrived, a few lines of AppleHDAEngineOutput::performFormatChange, en0: starting optimistic DAD... (I'm not wired to LAN... is that an issue?)
I then just get get:
busy timeout[0], (240s): 'IODVDMediaBSDClient'
will repeat every 240s

I do not have an optical drive. Any help is appreciated

Last edited:
Since a while back I have bluetooth working with my magic keyboard and magic mouse (although range is really bad), bluetooth speakers etc. But the computer won't detect my magic track pad which is really annoying. I know for a fact that it works because a macbook pro right next to me can detect it. It's one of those old school silver ones if it matters. Could it be a bluetooth version issue where the trackpad wants to use some older version of bluetooth no longer supported by chips?

Anyone else having trackpad problems or are there any obvious reasons why this is happening?

edit: Actually, after unpairing my magic mouse I can no longer find it as a mouse again. Under bluetooth I still detect my bluetooth speaker and iphone, so I want to say that it's not a bluetooth issue, but something else... any ideas?

edit2: There seems to be some issues with detecting devices in general. I can detect my girlfriend's iphone but not my own. My iphone was detected a while ago, and still detects the hackintosh.

edit3: Suddenly I'm able to pair with the magic mouse again, and it works fine. Getting really confused about my bluetooth setup. I'm extra confused about why it only seems to be weird with apple made products, specifically the magic trackpad and the magic mouse. I've been typing on my magic keyboard all day while listening to music on bluetooth headphones.....

edit4: After installing logitech control center to adjust my wired mouse, my touch pad showed up as a bluetooth device all of a sudden (not as trackpad), and I got it paired and working. This is really weird, and I'm a bit scared that it will stop working..

Last edited:
I'm having BT issues, too. My Magic Mouse stutters and is often non-responsive. The BT card in the computer is only about 2 feet away from the mouse. Fully-charged batteries. Very frustrating. What is peculiar is that if I connect my IOGear GBU521 USB BT module, then BT works just fine.

On your track pad, did you try to press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds? That should put it in pairing mode.

Yeah, that sounds like my magic mouse. Sometimes it stutters, sometimes it's perfect and sometimes it just won't pair at all. I always put it in pairing mode.

This now seems to happen to all of my bluetooth gear. Some devices connect for short period and then disconnect, others won't even get discovered. edit: after a reboot everything is back to normal. Really frustrating....

Might have to buy one of those dongles, but I was really happy about switching the cards, so would be a shame.

So, my rear audio quit working. Headphone port on the front works fine. WTH? I rebooted and the audio still doesn't work. And now the BT stuttering of my Magic Mouse has returned. I'm beginning to think this board/cpu just isn't ready for prime time.

Edit: Now my display won't go to sleep. Ugh.

Last edited:
Anyone with 4k display on the integrated UHD630 graphics? I'd love to know what general UI performance is like. My setup runs like trash and I'm looking into something new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back