Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, make all the changes in Clover, don't use MultiBeast.
I can't agree with your advice. Make the change in MultiBeast as it gives you a proper SMBIOS. It not only changes your System Definition, but provides the associate information for that SysDef.

So, realVEY, run MultiBeast and just select the following:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,2
Build > Install​
Upon MultiBeast's completion, reboot. Simple. I'm using the iMac14,2 definition for all but my Coffee Lake system.

Now, if you need to get iMessage working, I recommend following P1LGRIMS simple steps with Clover Configurator:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...3-4330-geforce-gt640-10-11-4.189452/#imessage

P1LGRIM also has a dedicated thread An iDiot's Guide To iMessage.

Upon MultiBeast's completion, reboot. Simple. I'm using the iMac14,2 definition for all but my Coffee Lake system.

What do you use for Coffee Lake? I am using 18,2. Everything is working great except iMessage. I have tried P1LGRIM's Idiot's Guide three times but I cannot log in with the Messages app. Very frustrating.

Now, if you need to get iMessage working, I recommend following P1LGRIMS simple steps with Clover Configurator:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...3-4330-geforce-gt640-10-11-4.189452/#imessage

This is a year or two old now. Does it still work? Still need to delete all the iMessage preferences from ~/Library?

What do you use for Coffee Lake? I am using 18,2. Everything is working great except iMessage. I have tried P1LGRIM's Idiot's Guide three times but I cannot log in with the Messages app. Very frustrating.
IIRC, I'm using iMac18,3 for MyHero II. I've not tried iMessage yet. (I need a "get around to it".)
This is a year or two old now. Does it still work? Still need to delete all the iMessage preferences from ~/Library?
I'm the last one to ask. I use P1LGRIM's short version in his User Build thread. I recommend you post your question in P1LGRIM's guide thread.

I messed up a bit when running multi beast, and thought that I had to pick an option on the quick start page, and thus got a bunch of stuff that I wasn't meant to have. It installed a couple of kexts that stopped my bluetooth from working (fixed now) and caused another annoying problem with rebooting.

Everytime I reboot, it's now like the system reboots twice. I also get a reboot when exiting BIOS. Any thoughts on this are appreciated!

Also, I enabled XMP in bios which gave me my full 3000 MHz of RAM speed. However, this brought me down 100 MHz in cpu speed and put me in a position where I got increasingly lower results in geekbench everytime I ran it, finally landing me at 4200 (starting at 5200) with my i7 8700. EDIT: I disabled xmp and manually set ram speed to 2933 MHz which got me back, and improved geekbench significantly. Not quite reaching the average in multi-core speed, but exceeding it in single core. Guess that depends on what else the system is doing at the same time :)

Last edited:
OK, for some reason I didn't get EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed in my Clover folder on the EFI volume. It's there now and I was able to log in with Messages app, but I don't know if it's functioning properly. I thought all my iMessages would show up just like on my MacBook Pro but that's not the case. I sent a message to someone a few minutes ago but have not had a reply. So, I guess wait patiently?

But now I don't have audio through DisplayPort to my Philips display. I see Internal Speakers, Line Out (front), Line Out (rear) and Digital Out. Any ideas?

I can't agree with your advice. Make the change in MultiBeast as it gives you a proper SMBIOS. It not only changes your System Definition, but provides the associate information for that SysDef.

So, realVEY, run MultiBeast and just select the following:
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,2
Build > Install​

P1LGRIM also has a dedicated thread An iDiot's Guide To iMessage.

I believe I did in my first reply (post #108), the follow-up was to get the uuid for his board-id

Using MultiBeast and definitions, all I add is a board id (uuidgen in terminal) in the SMBios through Clover Configurator, and it has worked without a hitch in all of my last builds.

OK, for some reason I didn't get EmuVariableUefi-64.efi installed in my Clover folder on the EFI volume. It's there now and I was able to log in with Messages app, but I don't know if it's functioning properly. I thought all my iMessages would show up just like on my MacBook Pro but that's not the case. I sent a message to someone a few minutes ago but have not had a reply. So, I guess wait patiently?

But now I don't have audio through DisplayPort to my Philips display. I see Internal Speakers, Line Out (front), Line Out (rear) and Digital Out. Any ideas?

If the person you text to show up in blue or has an the text balloon it is working
Screen Shot 2018-02-07 at 11.26.30.png

Yes, it is working. However, the Messages app did not populate with all the previous messages that I've made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back