Contribute
Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Windows 7 works fine. ok.

When I would to load ath3k-firmware-uploader I see this (attached). Is it ok?
I have 2 files in extra folder. .FW and laucher.

Attachments

• 5.tiff
    16.8 KB · Views: 368
Works with my Asus BT-211 on 10.7.3.

Not sure if if supports the three finger gestures as I do not have any of those devices yet.

There is a bot on bbs that deletes things it considers breaking the rules.
Even oblique references to cpu other than intel, other install methods, virtualization techniques where mac is not host...get deleted with a warning to user.
Moderator may do it also at his disgression.

I got two. I will not do it again

Just caught your thread I have an Asus bt-21 and the Asus bt 211.
The bt 21 works fine without drivers, but I am interested in your thread.

I want to try internet sharing via blue tooth as my favorite wireless
Rosewill 2870 is no longer available at New Egg.

Hey guys

Just wanted to let you guys know mine works fine using the V2 atheros script.

To avoid the hackups (frequent disconnects) with your mighty mouse, disable the two finger gesture page switch from system preferences.
That is what i noticed that causes the mouse to disconnect or hangup.

Also another problem was that you need to run the script everytime you reboot.. to automate this just simply go to system preferences and add go to users, go to your user, settings and login items. click add and point it to the install script that you did the first time to enable bluetooth. Also make sure to check it :p
''

Tested it with both mighty mouse and keyboard.

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to drcrack.

Probably, hundreds of Probook users relied on this firmware loader for the last 6 months to have AR3011 bluetooth working.
Today, mac4mat released loader as a kext, helping tremendously with laptop wake/sleep problems.

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=53556

BigDonkey said:

Probably, hundreds of Probook users relied on this firmware loader for the last 6 months to have AR3011 bluetooth working.
Today, mac4mat released loader as a kext, helping tremendously with laptop wake/sleep problems.

Thank you for telling this! :)
Does mac4mat's fix work the same way (except for working after sleep), or better? Does it work well with MagicTrackpad 3- and 4-finger swipes?

drcrack said:
BigDonkey said:

Thank you for telling this! :)
Does mac4mat's fix work the same way (except for working after sleep), or better? Does it work well with MagicTrackpad 3- and 4-finger swipes?

DrCrack, thank you for your great work on firmware loader!

No, the 3- and 4-finger gestures with Magic Trackpad don't work on my HP4530s :( . If you are very patient and careful, you can manage to get a 3-finger drag of a window or a 4-finger roll between full-screen applications, but it is extremely "iffy". I can only guess that this is some kind of limitation of atheros controller support by the OS.

The only difference with the kext firmware loader, as compared to your libusb solution in the application space, is that it does the work in kernel space (as in the linux wifi driver for atheros). Therefore firmware can get re-uploaded after sleep & wakeup, even when other kexts (in IOBluetoothFamily) claim the USB device interface preventing a re-upload from the application space.

This also enabled bluetooth on my P8Z68v GEN3 don't have apple keyboard or mouse to test but light is coming on and shows up in my system profiler

Noone has any leads on 3 or 4 finger gestures do we?

We think its just the hardware limitations?

Hello everyone,
I have a dell l702x; it previously had an intel wifi card but I replaced it with the AR5B195.

This card has the AR9285 wifi and Ar3011 bluetooth cards...

I got the wifi working but the Bluetooth is still a mystery, even with dr crack's fix. When I try to install normally or with a different pid, it returns "AR3011 not found" but when I warm boot from windows 7, it works fine. If anyone has any suggestions, they are welcome!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back