Contribute
Register

Enabling AMD RX 4XX cards in Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isnt on the skylake motherboard im assuming? or is it and you just swapped CPUs?

No, this is on the Haswell Pentium setup. I swapped out the pentium for the i5, it's an 1150 socket, the Skylake is 1151. They are not compatible.

Hello, first time here

I have MSI RX480 4GB, I tried to follow this thread. But not sure how to do this

"If you are in Sierra 12.2, 12.3 you may be able to simply use ATI fake ID 0x67EF1002 to achieve graphics accelleration of your card. Try your clover boot screen menu and add it to Graphics settings in boot screen menu"

If anyone can teach me how to make it works. big thanks!!
Tried couple time, and reinstall OS twice, but still can't complete use my RX480. only R9 xxx Display on the system.

BTW, when Clover boot, I have to go to Graphics Injector Menu
to un-check "inject intel" and check "Load Video Bios" to complete OS installation.
Otherwise I would get black screen.

Did i Do anything wrong?

Do you have CPU graphics enabled in bios?
Please list your motherboard and CPU specs in your signature line it makes it easier for others to help you.
The R9 xxx is only cosmetic, the important thing is to get acceleration of the RX card. You can fix the name later.

Do you have CPU graphics enabled in bios?
Please list your motherboard and CPU specs in your signature line it makes it easier for others to help you.
The R9 xxx is only cosmetic, the important thing is to get acceleration of the RX card. You can fix the name later.

I follow the instruction to set up gigabyte's motherboard.

I saw AMD GPU need CPU graphics enabled to work well. am I right?

I have update my build signature.

CPU: i5 4570
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H
GPU: MSI RX480 GAMING X 4GB

If you edited the 4100 kext info.plist then you don't want to use the ATI (AMD) fake ID 0x67EF1002. Only use that number if you haven't done the edit. If you did the edit leave the ID alone 0x0000000.
Go to the apple on the top left of your screen and choose "About This Mac" then select "System Report" then select "Graphics Displays" see if you have metal supported status.

just modify the kext files, the fake id rarely works.
Hey, Thanks for reply.
I think I made a mistake to modify kext files, After reboot and apple logo, it gave me black screen.
So I have to reinstall MAC OS again.

Hey, Thanks for reply.
I think I made a mistake to modify kext files, After reboot and apple logo, it gave me black screen.
So I have to reinstall MAC OS again.

Connect your monitor to motherboard to see clover screen, after boot switch monitor to RX connection.

Connect your monitor to motherboard to see clover screen, after boot switch monitor to RX connection.
I have start over from install Mac OS, I use "Systems/Librariy/Extensions". on the GO --> GO to Folder.
It direct me to the desktop... haha....now I don't know how to go to the Extensions folder...
sorry that I have a lot of problems.

I have start over from install Mac OS, I use "Systems/Librariy/Extensions". on the GO --> GO to Folder.
It direct me to the desktop... haha....now I don't know how to go to the Extensions folder...
sorry that I have a lot of problems.

Go to preferences on top tool bar next to apple. Scroll to preferences and select show hard drives/disks. It should leave the main drive partition on your desktop you can then select it and find System-Library-Extensions-AMD4100kext. Right click on 4100kext and choose "show package contents". Drag info.plist to desktop. Then open desktop copy and edit. Then replace it to the contents folder and make sure to get "authenticate and replace" prompts. Use kext wizard before rebooting.

Go to preferences on top tool bar next to apple. Scroll to preferences and select show hard drives/disks. It should leave the main drive partition on your desktop you can then select it and find System-Library-Extensions-AMD4100kext. Right click on 4100kext and choose "show package contents". Drag info.plist to desktop. Then open desktop copy and edit. Then replace it to the contents folder and make sure to get "authenticate and replace" prompts. Use kext wizard before rebooting.

Thanks for help.
After I set it up, I can see Clover screen, wait a while for apple logo complete the progress bar, it gave me black screen again,

SO I unplug HDMI from GPU, and attach to my Mother board.
and I go to BIOS
"Intel Processor Graphics" --> Enabled
"Intel Processor Graphics memory Allocation" --> 128mb
"Initial Display Output" --> IFGX instead of PCIe 1
Reboot....

Nothing appear. only an flash dash line on the left top :(

Thanks for help.
After I set it up, I can see Clover screen, wait a while for apple logo complete the progress bar, it gave me black screen again,

SO I unplug HDMI from GPU, and attach to my Mother board.
and I go to BIOS
"Intel Processor Graphics" --> Enabled
"Intel Processor Graphics memory Allocation" --> 128mb
"Initial Display Output" --> IFGX instead of PCIe 1
Reboot....

Nothing appear. only an flash dash line on the left top :(

After reboot are you still connected to motherboard? The RX won't (shouldn't) have any signal until after boot process is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back