Contribute
Register

Enable higher resolution with HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rehabman, I just tried all the boot blags with IGPEnabler-Yes & IGPlatformID=then the flags it gets stuck at AGPM Controller-unknown platform, I am attaching a picture for reference, the only two IGPlatformID will let me get to the login screen is 04120006 & 04128086, not sure what am I doing wrong, ty

It is IGPEnabler=Yes, not IGPEnabler-Yes.

Make sure BIOS is set with VT-d off or you're using dart=0 or both. Make sure you're using a digital connection to your monitor. Make sure IGPU memory is set to 64mb. Make sure you have Chimera installed not Chameleon (unless you want to use Chameleon flags).

You might try not setting IGPlatformID and letting it default (04260000), because the default should work with most desktop HD4600 setups.

Next time you post a photo of -v, post a photo of the entire screen, not just a portion of it.

It is IGPEnabler=Yes, not IGPEnabler-Yes.

Make sure BIOS is set with VT-d off or you're using dart=0 or both. Make sure you're using a digital connection to your monitor. Make sure IGPU memory is set to 64mb. Make sure you have Chimera installed not Chameleon (unless you want to use Chameleon flags).

You might try not setting IGPlatformID and letting it default (04260000), because the default should work with most desktop HD4600 setups.

Next time you post a photo of -v, post a photo of the entire screen, not just a portion of it.

sorry, I meant IGPEnabler=Yes, typo, VT-d is set to off, no dart=0, using chimera latest, IGPU memory is set to 64mb in BIOS, using DVI to VGA adapter, with no IGPlatformID only IGPEnabler=yes and it's getting stuck at same place, with -v it rolls so fast couldnt capture everything, here is the pics, ty

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    962.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    962.1 KB · Views: 220
sorry, I meant IGPEnabler=Yes, typo, VT-d is set to off, no dart=0, using chimera latest, IGPU memory is set to 64mb in BIOS, using DVI to VGA adapter, with no IGPlatformID only IGPEnabler=yes and it's getting stuck at same place, with -v it rolls so fast couldnt capture everything, here is the pics, ty

DVI -> VGA is a mistake, as it is likely a DVI-I (just the DVI-A part) to VGA, not an active DVI-D to VGA. Use a monitor which supports a digital connection. DVI-D or HDMI or DP.

DVI -> VGA is a mistake, as it is likely a DVI-I (just the DVI-A part) to VGA, not an active DVI-D to VGA. Use a monitor which supports a digital connection. DVI-D or HDMI or DP.
Rehabman, all my monitors are VGA only, can I use active DVI-D to VGA adapter or something like a HDMI to VGA signal converter, let me know plz, ty

Rehabman, all my monitors are VGA only, can I use active DVI-D to VGA adapter or something like a HDMI to VGA signal converter, let me know plz, ty

It would have to be an active converter. It has to look like HDMI/DVI at the computer end, not analog.

Thanks, it is solved now.
It seems that the Azul framebuffer kext has some problem, I replace the kext file from a real mac machine.
Hi friend,
could you please upload the the kext for IntelHD 4600. I really need it.

Thanks and regards,

<...>

<...>

Why is 64MB IGPU memory setting important here? Shouldn't it work with 1024 or any other?

Just in case someone comes across this thread like I did, with intel onboard video resolution issues here is what worked for me. I needed 1600 x 1200 for my monitor.

The monitor has VGA and DV inputs but my other computer was on the DV so I wanted the new one on the VGA. Samsung SyncMaster 213T

mini dp to vga adapter = no good. The resolution I needed was not available

I removed the other computer from monitor DVI and used a HDMI to DVI cable for the new computer. When I restarted the machine it was automatically set to the correct 1600 x 1200. Now I just need a longer VGA cable for the old computer.

My new machine info:
Motherboard is the ga z87x ud7 th. It has HDMI and mini DP outputs
Not sure if it matters but I also have windows 7 installed on a seperate drive.

System Software Overview:

System Version: OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)
Kernel Version: Darwin 13.2.0
Boot Volume: Mav
Boot Mode: Normal
Computer Name: Bob’s Mac Pro
User Name: Bob (accountBob)
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
Time since boot: 16 minute

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2