Contribute
Register

Enable GPU Mercury Engine on Premiere CS6 and AE CS6 for GTX 660Ti (and other Nvidia cards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant to ask...How much to switch to CS6 for windows. I know I would have to pay for the CS5 to CS6 upgrade,which by the way ....will cost over half of what it cost me to build this hackintosh!! but what is the cost to switch to windows? I can't believe I'm even considering that! I've already spent more money than I should have. I may have to go that route if I keep having problems. I'm guessing everything will run in windows?

I haven't figured out the cost yet. I'm afraid to look :( I am still trying to get this running buts looking like Windows will have to be the answer for now. My understanding is that it should run very well with this hardware setup and that PPro is virtually identical in terms of using it, so no issues there. Here is what I am starting to equate my Hackintosh to: Ten years ago I bought an aircraft. It seemed like a great idea at the time but it virtually became a full-time job just to keep it running, inspected, safe, hangered and insured. Not to mention keeping one's piloting skills sharp. Every freaking day it was something else to deal with. Just f**cking endless. So I gave up and that's about where I am now.

Hey Pete, I got it working! I now have mercury playback in Premiere Pro CS5 !! i've been screwing with this computer since this morning. I thought about it for a while and decided maybe I need to update all of my adobe apps ( production premium cs5). I didn't have My ethernet working yet so I spent the first half of the day wrestling with that. I was about to give up and finally after running multibeast for the 5th time...bam..It worked. So I opened premiere pro and clicked on the updates. Of course it downloads updates for all the apps in production premium. This took about 25 mins. then installed the updates. I rebooted and still no mercury playback. I shut it down and restarted this time again and now it works and also before the updates when shutting down my monitor would shut down and i would have to manually press the power button on the hackintosh to turn it off. Now....since I did the update it shuts down normally. So I'm saying don't give up.. I got It working. Oh.yeah...make sure to get latest cuda drivers from nvidas website. I can't believe it! it's working! Let me know how you do with yours.

Hey Pete, I got it working! I now have mercury playback in Premiere Pro CS5 !! i've been screwing with this computer since this morning. I thought about it for a while and decided maybe I need to update all of my adobe apps ( production premium cs5). I didn't have My ethernet working yet so I spent the first half of the day wrestling with that. I was about to give up and finally after running multibeast for the 5th time...bam..It worked. So I opened premiere pro and clicked on the updates. Of course it downloads updates for all the apps in production premium. This took about 25 mins. then installed the updates. I rebooted and still no mercury playback. I shut it down and restarted this time again and now it works and also before the updates when shutting down my monitor would shut down and i would have to manually press the power button on the hackintosh to turn it off. Now....since I did the update it shuts down normally. So I'm saying don't give up.. I got It working. Oh.yeah...make sure to get latest cuda drivers from nvidas website. I can't believe it! it's working! Let me know how you do with yours.

That's great news. I have been sitting here like a crazy person for the entire day trying to get this to work and still nothing. In previous attempts I had upgraded the CS6 Premiere Pro software but just realized, after your message a moment ago, that I still have not done so this time around. I have the update running at this moment so we'll see if it fixes anything once it has completed. I'll keep you posted. By the way... is the update the only thing you did? It just seems too easy :)

Me again... I am a little confused by your post: you mentioned running the updates and said that this fixed it but you also mentioned running Mulltibeast. What did you do in Multibeast that may have changed things. I'm dying here, and I'm really confused!

I Had to keep running multibeast trying different settings for my ethernet. That had nothing to do with the mercury playback issue. I needed to have an internet connection in order to download the updates for adobe. I did leave out I ran the GPU sniffer several times just to make sure my graphics card was still there. I don't really know what one thing made it work but after I did the updates and shut down and rebooted a few times....It's working.

Thanks, now I understand. Did you have to delete your opencl_supported_card.txt file as some people suggest or any of that stuff?

Don't give up! Im a long way from being a computer expert and if I can do it anybody can. I know you are probably like me...to the burn out point! but It will work. I had my doubts when I started all of this but I've come a long way and after all this....I really like the speed of this hackintosh. So it's worth it....at least for now.

I didn't have the open cl option. That may be a CS6 thing

Also, I don't know if this makes a difference but when you shut down, don't just restart. I unplugged my power strip...really! I was trying to eliminate every possible problem because I was at the end of my rope with this.

I think that the difference between our equipment is where the problems are. I have a GeForce GTX 680 with 2 Gbs of ram and a GA-X79-UD5 motherboard with 32 Gbs of ram. I'm also trying to do this with CS6. There just does not seem to be any support for this combination in the Hackintosh world. ML is too new and so is this card and CS6. I may be able to revisit this at a later date but for now I'm going to have to throw in the towel and settle for a solid Windows machine that I know will utilize all of the equipment that I just bought (or let's hope so anyway). The GTX 680 card is supposed to be pretty fast so I am looking forward to that. The only bummer is that I have CS6 for Mac and CS5.5 for PC but no CS6 for PC. I like some of the features of CS6 so I will miss them on PC unless I break down and lay out a bunch of money yet again. I also have all of my plugins and add-ons for MAC, not PC. This pretty much sucks and is not at all what I was expecting. I literally spent the entire week like a hermit sitting in one spot trying to get this freaking video card to run. An entire week lost and I'm no closer. I am glad you got it running. If you trip across a solution to my situation (other than a ball-peen hammer to the back of the head) please let me know.

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back