Contribute
Register

Elitebook 8560p + Dockingstation = no sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio on my Dockingstation is now working. I only have the issue that OSX wont recognize Headphones plugged in directly on my laptop. (Only if they are connected before booting) Maybe its because the LineOut from the dockingstation is also marked as Headphones?

I added my verbs, pathmap and Platforms.xml (screenshot)

verbs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a9ms2g1v5mljv3/verbs 8560p

pathmap: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcdvl34od30180o/codec_dump_dec.txt.svg

What I did in Platforms.xml:
Under Pathmap are 3 items, Item 0 is Mic, Item 1 is Line In, Item 2 is Speakers/HP. Item 2 splits up in 2 new Items, internal Speaker and Headphones. So I copied Item 1 (Headphones, 11-28-27-20) and created Item 2 with the path 10-28-27-19. I have no idea if thats correct. Dockingstation output is working, but the detection which Port is plugged isn't working right. (Neither the "prioritisation" of the Laptop-Headphone Jack) Any ideas?

EDIT: my Platforms.xml: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ib81iknldzj48lf/Platforms.xml

Attachments

• Platforms.png
    Platforms.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 269
Can you make a screenshot of the Sound>output, can you change the active output manually from there?

Can you make a screenshot of the Sound>output, can you change the active output manually from there?

I can't change it manually. It shows internal speakers, as soon as I connect the jack for the Dock it says headphones. The original jack wont be detected, respectively depends which port I connect first. I added a Screenshot. Don't get confused with my screen (Asus, Audio over Displayport) and my firewire interface. Kopfhörer = Headphones, if a Screenshot in english is important for you I will change my language settings.

EDIT: I changed the Verbs for Dock from Headphones to LineOut. Didn't change anything so the Problem must be in Platforms.xml/routing:?:

Attachments

• Screenshot.png
    Screenshot.png
    85.6 KB · Views: 216
Try this.
Is just a guess... what I did is put the node 10 in its own group.

Try this.
Is just a guess... what I did is put the node 10 in its own group.

Thanks a lot for your help. We got a step closer, now it shows the Internal Speaker/Laptop HP-Jack and "another" Headphone Jack (Dock). It's working but only sometimes, that means:

choosing Dock-HP as Output:
working

changing to internal/HP Output and back to Dock OR connect HP to internal:
sound stops on Dock, if I select internal/HP Output I have signal on the Dock jack AND internal speaker/Headphone jack

And now it gets really weird: I changed from Dock Output to internal and back, so no sound on Dock jacks. Now i choose Firewire as audio output, wait 2-3m, then I can change back to Dock Output, signal is back and I can repeat everthing.

I could use it already like that, Dock is working, switch to internal sound also works (more or less) but I think we're very close to make it work properly. And I'm sure that there are much more Probook/Elitebook users with Dock which can benefit from that work/experience.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2014-01-15 um 23.49.12.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2014-01-15 um 23.49.12.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 250
That's how things go here, step by step... reading, trying, some more reading, trying, a bit of cursing... but when you look back you see we came a long way ;).

Maybe if we patched the verbs so that the dock connector is recognized as an Output instead of a HP jack, we could get rid of some of the conflicts you mention.

Here is a good documentation about how to do that and other stuff. I might take a look at it tomorrow (technically later), now is to late for me to dive into that, but you are welcome to experiment.

And here is me trying to make sense of the existing verbs, will be a helpful read, even if i am really bad at explaining.

I would experiment with this verbs:
Code:
[B]00a71e21 00a71f21
[/B][B]00a71e21 00a71f00[/B]
[B]00a71e01 00a71fe1[/B]
[B]00a71e21 00a71fe1[/B]
Add to the existing ones, but just one of the time (after you are done testing one, replace it with the next one).

I would experiment with this verbs:
Code:
[B]00a71e21 00a71f21
[/B][B]00a71e21 00a71f00[/B]
[B]00a71e01 00a71fe1[/B]
[B]00a71e21 00a71fe1[/B]
Add to the existing ones, but just one of the time (after you are done testing one, replace it with the next one).

Thanks, I will test it the next days.

tried the new verbs today, no success.

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and new to the hackintosh world. Therefore, I got the same problem as you in my hackintosh and I'm able to open files that you uploaded on dropbox but I cannot figure out what to do with them. I already patched myElitebook 8460P with PBI and everything is fine except the sound in the dock and the display rotation on the dock but that is another point.

I wonder if you could guide me through the steps to get my dock audio working. Thank you very much!

Audio on my Dockingstation is now working. I only have the issue that OSX wont recognize Headphones plugged in directly on my laptop. (Only if they are connected before booting) Maybe its because the LineOut from the dockingstation is also marked as Headphones?

I added my verbs, pathmap and Platforms.xml (screenshot)

verbs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8a9ms2g1v5mljv3/verbs 8560p

pathmap: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcdvl34od30180o/codec_dump_dec.txt.svg

What I did in Platforms.xml:
Under Pathmap are 3 items, Item 0 is Mic, Item 1 is Line In, Item 2 is Speakers/HP. Item 2 splits up in 2 new Items, internal Speaker and Headphones. So I copied Item 1 (Headphones, 11-28-27-20) and created Item 2 with the path 10-28-27-19. I have no idea if thats correct. Dockingstation output is working, but the detection which Port is plugged isn't working right. (Neither the "prioritisation" of the Laptop-Headphone Jack) Any ideas?

EDIT: my Platforms.xml: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ib81iknldzj48lf/Platforms.xml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back