Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
HD4600
Hi Guys, recently I installed 10.9.1 on my Elitebook 8560p. I used the guide to install Mavericks on HP Probook. Everything except not supported Wifi (Intel 6205) works.
The Problem is, if I connect my Laptop with my dockingstation, the internal speakers are still running. OSX wont switch the audio output from internal speakers to dockingoutput. Does anybody know why and how to solve this problem?

Hi Guys, recently I installed 10.9.1 on my Elitebook 8560p. I used the guide to install Mavericks on HP Probook. Everything except not supported Wifi (Intel 6205) works.
The Problem is, if I connect my Laptop with my dockingstation, the internal speakers are still running. OSX wont switch the audio output from internal speakers to dockingoutput. Does anybody know why and how to solve this problem?

You would probably need to custom patch AppleHDA...

1st of all... what codec you have and 2nd how important is this to you?

The Codec is IDT 92HD81B1X5 according to cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 (ubuntu). For me it is important, I'm doing a lot of pro-audio stuff and it's really comfortable to use the internal soundcard with OSX instead of always connecting my firewire interface. (which isn't even working with my second and third system Windows & Ubuntu :rolleyes: )

You may connect your sound device to laptop audio port instead of your docking station port then.

The Codec is IDT 92HD81B1X5 according to cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0 (ubuntu). For me it is important, I'm doing a lot of pro-audio stuff and it's really comfortable to use the internal soundcard with OSX instead of always connecting my firewire interface. (which isn't even working with my second and third system Windows & Ubuntu :rolleyes: )
If that's the case, then read this(a few posts up and down...).

10 (24 -> 22 -> 10) is the node you are looking for...
Here you have the verbs.
Here you have the schematic.

With a bit of dedication you should be able to make it work. You can ask me stuff but without the hardware I am just guessing stuff.

And if you do not know anything about appleHDA patching, you must read this & this.

Good luck

If that's the case, then read this(a few posts up and down...).

10 (24 -> 22 -> 10) is the node you are looking for...
Here you have the verbs.
Here you have the schematic.

With a bit of dedication you should be able to make it work. You can ask me stuff but without the hardware I am just guessing stuff.

And if you do not know anything about appleHDA patching, you must read this & this.

Good luck

Thanks for the hints. I will give feedback as soon as I have managed it (or failed). It will take some days, I'm also fighting with my Wifi and HP Bios whitelist :banghead:

Thanks for the hints. I will give feedback as soon as I have managed it (or failed). It will take some days, I'm also fighting with my Wifi and HP Bios whitelist :banghead:

Save your breath and buy a HP-branded Broadcom 43224 a/b/g, it's in BIOS whitelist.

Save your breath and buy a HP-branded Broadcom 43224 a/b/g, it's in BIOS whitelist.

I already ordered a HP HB112AGN (AR5BHB112) , also working with 8560p bios. I hope it's working with OSX, there are a few reports that it's not possible to connect to networks. But it's an AR9380, so it should be easy to fix. Hopefully :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back