Contribute
Register

Elitebook 8460p and Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate it man.
So just let me get this straight , I want to realize what I'm doing wrong here.
You have/had an Elitebook 8460p i5 and you followed to the T the guide in this website the Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook.:think:

So after you did everything the Guide says , you restarted it and everything was working great , video card , ethernet, wifi (swapped the stock one), sound...everything.Not KP no nothing , basically you installed Mountain Lion from the USB , installed everything else with HP Probook installer (except the USB 3.0 that you had to install it from Multibeast) but bottom line... this is it.

If this is the way it worked out , I don't get it , because is what I'm doing.
I'm really confused ... on paper sounds easy and pretty straight forward procedure , but my reality is way different...I wonder why.:banghead:

I appreciate it man.
So just let me get this straight , I want to realize what I'm doing wrong here.
You have/had an Elitebook 8460p i5 and you followed to the T the guide in this website the Guide to Installing Mountain Lion on HP Probook.:think:

So after you did everything the Guide says , you restarted it and everything was working great , video card , ethernet, wifi (swapped the stock one), sound...everything.Not KP no nothing , basically you installed Mountain Lion from the USB , installed everything else with HP Probook installer (except the USB 3.0 that you had to install it from Multibeast) but bottom line... this is it.

If this is the way it worked out , I don't get it , because is what I'm doing.
I'm really confused ... on paper sounds easy and pretty straight forward procedure , but my reality is way different...I wonder why.:banghead:

You have to be sure to select all the correct options in the ProBook Installer. What is your issue?

My issue is that I follow the guide.I check out what it says.Make sure that the Bios has the values disabled (like the guide says) and then it gives me a KP.

This is what I do:
I don't have a discrete video card so no worries there.
I disable in the Bios VT and VT-d ,Wake on LAN/Wake on USB, I enable Legacy ,Disabled Fast boot.
I FOLLOW THE STEPS FROM 6 TO 13B ...NO problems!
I install ML from the USB.
I Run HP Probook Installer with this options:
OS X support kexts : 6x60b/8x60p (Mind you I have a 8460p Elitebook)
DSDT generator/patcher: ProBook model 4x30s/6x60b/8x60p
Fan behavior: I don’t ckeck this one out.
Display type: Low-resolution screen
Optional patches: Broadcom 4322x (I do have a 4322x compatible wifi card)
I Check the option for "SSDT" generator.
System definitions: i3/i5 sandy Bridge
Chameleon r2377
I check EDID generator
From "Optional hardware-specific fixes," I CHECK NOTHING HERE
Misc OS X fixes: Color profiles. (I don’t have a SSD so I don’t check Sleep fix.)
Blinkscreen and Screen brightness fix (I don’t check them anymore seems I don’t need them for now.)

After making my selections on Hp Probook 6.1.13r3 I click 'Continue' and allow the ProBook Installer to work.
Then it boot by itself but when it gets to the apple logo it shows the KP that I posted (the pic)

So you tell me RehabMan what am I doing wrong.This is what I do.
*Those items I don't check anymore didn't make the difference when the were checked so I figured I can deal with them later it seems to be that they are not a big deal at least for my configuration anyways.

My issue is that I follow the guide.I check out what it says.Make sure that the Bios has the values disabled (like the guide says) and then it gives me a KP.

This is what I do:
I don't have a discrete video card so no worries there.
I disable in the Bios VT and VT-d ,Wake on LAN/Wake on USB, I enable Legacy ,Disabled Fast boot.
I FOLLOW THE STEPS FROM 6 TO 13B ...NO problems!
I install ML from the USB.
I Run HP Probook Installer with this options:
OS X support kexts : 6x60b/8x60p (Mind you I have a 8460p Elitebook)
DSDT generator/patcher: ProBook model 4x30s/6x60b/8x60p
Fan behavior: I don’t ckeck this one out.
Display type: Low-resolution screen
Optional patches: Broadcom 4322x (I do have a 4322x compatible wifi card)
I Check the option for "SSDT" generator.
System definitions: i3/i5 sandy Bridge
Chameleon r2377
I check EDID generator
From "Optional hardware-specific fixes," I CHECK NOTHING HERE
Misc OS X fixes: Color profiles. (I don’t have a SSD so I don’t check Sleep fix.)
Blinkscreen and Screen brightness fix (I don’t check them anymore seems I don’t need them for now.)

After making my selections on Hp Probook 6.1.13r3 I click 'Continue' and allow the ProBook Installer to work.
Then it boot by itself but when it gets to the apple logo it shows the KP that I posted (the pic)

So you tell me RehabMan what am I doing wrong.This is what I do.
*Those items I don't check anymore didn't make the difference when the were checked so I figured I can deal with them later it seems to be that they are not a big deal at least for my configuration anyways.

Are you certain you used the latest ProBook Installer? The latest does NOT have blinkscreen/Screen brightness options.

Yes , I'm using the latest and you are right the new one doesn't have it.
I tried so many different things with the old one (until you told me there was a new one out) that I know the items by heart.
But Yes ! I'm using the latest one.
Does it look right to you ? or would you do something different ?

Okay! Sorry bout the delay I've been trying stuff so I don't have to ask so much here.
I installed (again) 10.8.4 restarted and then I installed the 10.8.5 update (didn't restart) I installed all what I suppose to install from Hp Probook installer 6.1.13r3 and then restarted.

I'm still not able to get into my hackintosh in normal mode (it boots from the HD though)...BUT I achieved a milestone ... everything works now in safe mode : Ethernet , Wifi , Keyboard/trackpad, battery icon etc.Posting a pic of it.

I'm sending you a pic of -v where it hangs ... I'm not totally sure if it does hang though...because I see the HD light blinking like crazy like is still working and after a little while it stops blinking.But if I type in the black screen my password it seems that the computer respond to it because the HD start to work again for a short time and then again not blinking.
I've read that might be a problem with the Video card kexts may be ? at least I'm closer than ever , everything works in safe mode but the Video card is recognize as a HD3000 64 mb Video card as you can see in the pic.

*The step you told me to do , the IOreg thing it hangs and says not responding so I haven't be able to use it yet.I'm gonna keep on trying though.Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    828.7 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_1423.jpg
    IMG_1423.jpg
    778.1 KB · Views: 196
*The step you told me to do , the IOreg thing it hangs and says not responding so I haven't be able to use it yet.I'm gonna keep on trying though.Thanks!

Make sure you read/follow the instructions carefully and use the correct version of IORegistryExplorer.

Also, it does not appear you followed the guide using the ProBook Installer. We do not use HDAEnabler on the Probook...

Okay I almost got it RehabMan ... Need some more advice.
I successfully installed ML 10.8.4 I updated it to 10.8.5 and everything works but the Video card NO QE/CI and the sound is not working properly (VoodooHDA) meaning I can't control the volume it's always 100 % even though the f6 and f7 keys work I see it in the screen (turning down the volume) it doesn't happen.

I've followed several guides to fix the QE/CI problem , the latest one you can see it on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt6iWo5uqvU and it doesn't work for me.
I had to change the Mac definition from 8.1 to 6.1 like the video says etc.
I'm sending a pic of what it shows About this Mac ... Recognize the Video card as having 768Mb but resolution still 1024x768x32.
If I fix this 2 things I'll have a fully working Macbook Pro , everything else works just fine.
Thanks for your support so far RehabMan.

Attachments

• IMG_1445.jpg
    IMG_1445.jpg
    873.2 KB · Views: 184
Okay I almost got it RehabMan ... Need some more advice.
I successfully installed ML 10.8.4 I updated it to 10.8.5 and everything works but the Video card NO QE/CI and the sound is not working properly (VoodooHDA) meaning I can't control the volume it's always 100 % even though the f6 and f7 keys work I see it in the screen (turning down the volume) it doesn't happen.

I've followed several guides to fix the QE/CI problem , the latest one you can see it on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt6iWo5uqvU and it doesn't work for me.
I had to change the Mac definition from 8.1 to 6.1 like the video says etc.
I'm sending a pic of what it shows About this Mac ... Recognize the Video card as having 768Mb but resolution still 1024x768x32.
If I fix this 2 things I'll have a fully working Macbook Pro , everything else works just fine.
Thanks for your support so far RehabMan.

You should be following the guide for the Probook... See stickies at the top of this forum. No reason to re-invent the wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back