Contribute
Register

Elite 8300 w/ HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm planning to get few SATA cables. Could you recommend ones that work on this board?

attached is my config
View attachment 316737
and SATA
View attachment 316738
  • Is the uploaded image of "About This Mac>Overview" after the use of edited config.plist?
  • Is the question about SATA Data cable or is SATA Power Cable to me?
    • If you think a 6" length SATA cable would be the right length, my suggestions are:

Images of aboutMac is from my original config connected to myTV. Thanks for sharing your config though..
My question is about SATA Data cable.. Thanks for the suggestions..

I got a new DP to HDMI converter and it worked for a day perfectly fine.. After I installed Thunderbolt update, same problem again. Not sure how to resolve this issue. Any help is appreciated. Let me know if you want me to share anything to rootcause the problem.

In the meanwhile I got a a new Display - 34" Class 21:9 UltraWide® Full HD IPS LED Monitor (34" Diagonal) 34UM61-P. I connected this to my H87N-WiFi build, which I upgraded to High Sierra. It looks awesome..
IMG_20180317_190012.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
After I installed Thunderbolt update, same problem again.

If it works without the TB update installed don't install it, there is no reason to. You don't have Thunderbolt on your 8300, that is only on real Apple iMacs. Apple only offers that update because you are using iMac 13,2 SMBIOS.

I think the famous author Rudyard Kipling once wrote, "A hack is a hack and a Mac is a Mac and never the twain shall meet."
What that fictitious quote means is that you shouldn't treat your Hackintosh like a real Mac and install everything offered from the Mac App Store updates page. It's not necessary. Be selective about what you install.

The same advice applies in the other scenario, don't treat your Mac like a hack. I've read posts from many here that have installed Clover to the boot drive of their Macbook or other Mac and completely bricked their very expensive Apple product. It is very difficult to fix as some have had to replace the EFI chip on the motherboard or get a completely new Mac motherboard.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back