1. Android
I got a refurb HP Elite 8300 with builtIn Intel HD 4000
  • Brand and Model: HP Elite 8300 Small Form Factor
  • Memory Installed: 20GB DDR3
  • Hard Drive: SSD on SATA0 and 3.5" 2TB on SATA1
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 3rd Gen. i7-3770 3.4GHz
  • Video Card: Integrated HD4000
Installed Sierra and was working ok with flickering screen issues
Issue1: USB Bootable need to be always inserted before startup otherwise it boots ok, but with a flickering screen.

I tried to upgrade to High Sierra with newer MultiBoot. It failed to update, after it was restarted. I now have newest Clover installed. When I boot from SSD, it boots to new Clover and then system starts fine, but with flickering screen
When I boot to install from USB, it boots from old-Clover and proceed to Install screen - no flickering.

Only difference I was was in the Boot Arg:
USB: Old-Clover has nv_disable=1

Before the clover starts from the SSD, I manually added the nv_disable=1, but no luck..
Any thing else I can try?

igfx HD4000 works oob (is fully supported) when you connect to your monitor via Displayport or use a DP to HDMI adapter. All you need is inject Intel set in your config.plist. How are you connected to your monitor ?

DP to HDMI. My Monitor can take only HDMI.
I may have enabled Inject NVidia, but not certain. Is there a way to edit the Config file from the Clover boot manager or any other way without having to edit in my 8300?
I've access to another customac mini

Graphics Injector shows "Injectntel" Checked

Here is my Config file

Updated the Drop Tables ACPI tab using Clover Configurator
verified InjectIntel checked
Still no luck..

Attachments

• config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Verified all the BIOS settings. Created a fresh UEFI bootable High Sierra UniBeast installer. After booting, I get the flicker again. Frustrated now..

See if your monitor has a setting to change the HDMI standard from HDMI 2.0 to something older such as HDMI 1.4 or HDMI 1.2. I think I remember having issues with my HDMI 2.0 monitor when I was testing the HD 4000 graphics on my 8300.

Verified all the BIOS settings. Created a fresh UEFI bootable High Sierra UniBeast installer. After booting, I get the flicker again. Frustrated now..

Upload your Clover config.plist from your system drive. Also check to see what amount of Vram is available from your HD4000.
Find that under About this Mac.

Config attached in Post #4
Upload your Clover config.plist from your system drive. Also check to see what amount of Vram is available from your HD4000.
Find that under About this Mac.
Reg vram - I can't see anything on the display

Did you use the recommended options in Multibeast ? Looks like you are using the default iMac 14,2 instead of 13,2.

Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 10.02.24 AM.png

Updated to iMac13.2 with MultiBoot on different iMac, no luck with 8300.
Even in the fresh install, after first boot, it flickers. Only difference is my BIOS version is v03.04 instead of v02.99
Did you use the recommended options in Multibeast ? Looks like you are using the default iMac 14,2 instead of 13,2.

View attachment 316012

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back