Contribute
Register

El Captain freezes (rotating wheel) on RESTART or SHUTDOWN..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA B75-D3V
CPU
Intel Core i7-3770 3.40 Ghz
Graphics
Gygabyte Radeon Aorus RX580 4GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everybody!
Strange behaviour: My desktop freezes (rotating wheel) on RESTART or SHUTDOWN, but IT is works correctly if I try to restart/shutdown just when El Captain loaded (10-15 seconds)

CPU i7-3770 3.40 Ghz
GA-B75-D3V
ATI 6670
Mem 10 Gb
SSD1 480GB + SSD2 480 GB
Bios 10/23/2013
Bios Version F9

-Fix shutdown/HPET/HDA/IPIC - not helped
-removing USB was connected to monitor - not helped
-Install FaceCMS - not helped

NullCPUPowerManagment is not installed
Installed ALXEthernet (for audio), Atheros1cEthernet for NET
-v (verbose) nothing shows (no text)

Sleep is not working at all (just black screen)
Currently using USB keyboard and mouse. Everything were working on Yosemite. (including sleep)

What it could be?
Please help!

Hi everybody!
Strange behaviour: My desktop freezes (rotating wheel) on RESTART or SHUTDOWN, but IT is works correctly if I try to restart/shutdown just when El Captain loaded (10-15 seconds)

CPU i7-3770 3.40 Ghz
GA-B75-D3V
ATI 6670
Mem 10 Gb
SSD1 480GB + SSD2 480 GB
Bios 10/23/2013
Bios Version F9

-Fix shutdown/HPET/HDA/IPIC - not helped
-removing USB was connected to monitor - not helped
-Install FaceCMS - not helped

NullCPUPowerManagment is not installed
Installed ALXEthernet (for audio), Atheros1cEthernet for NET
-v (verbose) nothing shows (no text)

Sleep is not working at all (just black screen)
Currently using USB keyboard and mouse. Everything were working on Yosemite. (including sleep)

What it could be?
Please help!

Black screen is common with ATI Radeon GPUs after sleep. Have you done any USB patches? are you using a DSDT?

Black screen is common with ATI Radeon GPUs after sleep. Have you done any USB patches? are you using a DSDT?
Thanks for reply!

I didn't use any USB patches I only tried checkboxes in CLOVER (DSDT) regarding USB. it's not helped.
Also I don't use DSDT tool, do you think it will help with shutdown/restart freezing issue? everything was working on Yosemite. Unfortunately I don't see my mother board (B75) listed in DSDT database, so I need to create new one in case I need it.
Le me know! Thanks in advance/

Thanks for reply!

I didn't use any USB patches I only tried checkboxes in CLOVER (DSDT) regarding USB. it's not helped.
Also I don't use DSDT tool, do you think it will help with shutdown/restart freezing issue? everything was working on Yosemite. Unfortunately I don't see my mother board (B75) listed in DSDT database, so I need to create new one in case I need it.
Le me know! Thanks in advance/

Different versions of OS X has different affects on hardware. Try applying the Fix Shutdown patch in Clover.

Download Clover Configurator. ACPI: FixShutdown and HaltEnabler should be enabled. Save and shutdown, then boot. Hopefully you won't need to clear or "touch" the kext caches, but because it Beach Balls on boot you may need to clear the caches.

IIRC, you issue these Terminal commands:

kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
kextcache -system-cache

I believe you would then run First Aid in the Disk Utility where hopefully it will repair any permissions.

Hopefully the mods will chime in and fix my incorrections.

Changing the MAC ID may also help.

Download Clover Configurator. ACPI: FixShutdown and HaltEnabler should be enabled. Save and shutdown, then boot. Hopefully you won't need to clear or "touch" the kext caches, but because it Beach Balls on boot you may need to clear the caches.

IIRC, you issue these Terminal commands:

kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
kextcache -system-cache

I believe you would then run First Aid in the Disk Utility where hopefully it will repair any permissions.

Hopefully the mods will chime in and fix my incorrections.

Why HaltEnabler? don't need that.

I tried 'fix shutdown' in Clover boot (also in EFI/CLOVER/config.plist) and this not helped. isn't the same as in Configurator. Also it is strange that restart and shutdown works first 10-15 seconds after system started.
What do you think?
Also Halt Enabler was turned on. Turning it off not helped.
Thanks for your reply!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back