Contribute
Register

El capitan USB issues - possible fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for help with some USB ports not working and sleep problems (which I assume are related), after updating my machine to Capitan.

Board: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH

It's quite a challenge to tell which solutions apply specifically to the 7 series and some of the posts either did not work or maybe I just didn't understand.

So far I've tried using Kext Wizard to load the GenericUSBxhci and IOUSBfamilyHost. When that didn't work I deleted those (I wasn't able to delete them with terminal commands (so just deleted them in Finder). I followed the instructions in the Big List thread, inserting the FakePCID kexts in the .10 and .11 Clover directories, with no luck yet. Not sure if I should instead install those two with Kext Wizard (if that matters) or if I should have done some sort of patch.

Any help would be appreciated.

Looking for help with some USB ports not working and sleep problems (which I assume are related), after updating my machine to Capitan.

Board: GA-Z77X-UP4 TH

It's quite a challenge to tell which solutions apply specifically to the 7 series and some of the posts either did not work or maybe I just didn't understand.

So far I've tried using Kext Wizard to load the GenericUSBxhci and IOUSBfamilyHost. When that didn't work I deleted those (I wasn't able to delete them with terminal commands (so just deleted them in Finder). I followed the instructions in the Big List thread, inserting the FakePCID kexts in the .10 and .11 Clover directories, with no luck yet. Not sure if I should instead install those two with Kext Wizard (if that matters) or if I should have done some sort of patch.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Note: You will need to remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext and restore IOUSBHostFamily to vanilla.

Thank you RhM. I must not have known the correct process for restoring the IOUSB vanilla kext. I deleted the Generic kext in my .10 and .11 Clover folders. Then I copied IOUSBFamily.kext from /system/Library/extensions, to the same Clover folders. After reboot USB didn't work at all, so I had to reimage the drive.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-10-11-usb-changes-and-solutions.173616/

Note: You will need to remove GenericUSBXHCI.kext and restore IOUSBHostFamily to vanilla.

Thank you RhM. I must not have known the correct process for restoring the IOUSB vanilla kext. I deleted the Generic kext in my .10 and .11 Clover folders. Then I copied IOUSBFamily.kext from /system/Library/extensions, to the same Clover folders. After reboot USB didn't work at all, so I had to reimage the drive.

You cannot install kexts with Finder.

Having no results here at all on my Asus X99 Pro. I have a DSDT.aml that I extracted using clover if anyone is interested! For now, only my 2 front 1.1 USB's are working. No other ports. USB 3.0 not functional.

Well, I can't believe it but now I have USB 3.0 and sleep/wake works as it should!

Thank you very much for all of your help and valuable time for walking me through this. I know this was something that would have taken 5 minutes for anyone else to fix while it's been a marathon for me. At least now I think I have a better understanding what I need to do if I have to in the future.

hey man
i'm trying to get the usbs of my Hackintosh so long to work but nothing, now i read here that you succeeded to make it work, so if you can help please...
I have the same board like you Z97M-D3H
I was wondering if you can (upload) give me the necessities (kexts, dsdt or files which are needed)
to get mine also to work
if it is not too much to ask,

I will greatly appreciate it

thank you in advance

hey man
i'm trying to get the usbs of my Hackintosh so long to work but nothing, now i read here that you succeeded to make it work, so if you can help please...
I have the same board like you Z97M-D3H
I was wondering if you can (upload) give me the necessities (kexts, dsdt or files which are needed)
to get mine also to work
if it is not too much to ask,

I will greatly appreciate it

thank you in advance

Verify in ioreg that X86PlatformPlugin is running and AppleLPC. Z97 & H97 requires AppleLPC patches. You can use the guide in my Signatures for the H97N-WIFI for AppleLPC Patches. For USB you will need to have a personalised SSDT for USB. LPC-SSDT in my guide is what you will need for AppleLPC patch. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Verify in ioreg that X86PlatformPlugin is running and AppleLPC. Z97 & H97 requires AppleLPC patches. You can use the guide in my Signatures for the H97N-WIFI for AppleLPC Patches. For USB you will need to have a personalised SSDT for USB. LPC-SSDT in my guide is what you will need for AppleLPC patch. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

i'm when it comes to dsdt or ssdt a noobie, so have no idea how to make them, a personalized SSDT, how do i make this and where to get it ?

I appreciate it you hulp thx.

Attachments

• Jd6 iMac 14,2.ioreg
    5.1 MB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back