Contribute
Register

El Capitan USB Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... The multiplex patch should not be used on 10.11 and especially not with XHCIMux. They are two solutions for the same problem.

Okay. I already deleted the XHCIMux kext

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Code:
MacBook-Pro:RehabMan elcapitan$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82b28000 0x60000    0x60000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 60AF3522-3E54-39A5-BC35-7B23A7C5941E <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
MacBook-Pro:RehabMan elcapitan$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
   21    0 0xffffff7f82a25000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) 5694EADA-D8D4-3FFA-86BD-172FDCC65526 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   31    0 0xffffff7f82a20000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) 25B44397-83A4-3F4D-89E4-3D45C3EADD04 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
MacBook-Pro:RehabMan elcapitan$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
   89    0 0xffffff7f8281b000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 0C90B22D-637B-3000-8C44-B7955D57E10A <88 12 5 4 3>

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (after pressing F4 to capture native files in ACPI/origin).

I guess I have to first delete my DSDT/SSDT files from /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, right?

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 100
  • RehabMan.zip
    21 KB · Views: 106
Okay. I already deleted the XHCIMux kext

I think you missed the point. The Multiplex patch is not recommended for 10.11.

I guess I have to first delete my DSDT/SSDT files from /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, right?

No.

Note: According to your ioreg, EHC1/EHC2 are not renamed to EH01/EH02.

I think you missed the point. The Multiplex patch is not recommended for 10.11.
I understand. I will have to remove the patch or do all the patches again except for the multiplex patch(es). Isn't the kext I removed equivalent to the multiplex patch?

Note: According to your ioreg, EHC1/EHC2 are not renamed to EH01/EH02.
Yes. I removed the 'renaming patch' as I thought I don't need it. Here is the new ioreg with those patches active. And the /EFI/CLOVER folder (I removed a theme to keep it small).

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 85
  • CLOVER.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 102
I understand. I will have to remove the patch or do all the patches again except for the multiplex patch(es).

Yes.

Isn't the kext I removed equivalent to the multiplex patch?

They solve similar problems, but not equivalent. The Multiplex patch tends to not work on 10.11 (we probably have part of it wrong).

The XHCIMux solution seems to work on both 10.11 and 10.10...

Yes. I removed the 'renaming patch' as I thought I don't need it. Here is the new ioreg with those patches active. And the /EFI/CLOVER folder (I removed a theme to keep it small).

You need the EHCx->EH0x patches to keep the built-in port injectors from matching. It gives you control over things so you can provide your own port injectors if needed.

Now all you need to do is get rid of the XHC1 rename because you're getting a port injector that doesn't match your XHCI topology.

Once you have EH01/EH02/XHC, it serves as a base to do further changes as needed. It disconnects you from configuration that is specific to Mac computers.

Now all you need to do is get rid of the XHC1 rename because you're getting a port injector that doesn't match your XHCI topology.

Is there a way to undo/remove a patch in MaciASL? :p Otherwise I have to re-apply all the patches.

Is there a way to undo/remove a patch in MaciASL?

Some of them (eg. if they just add things), yes. Not this one. Many patches (like this one) are a bit destructive, therefore not reversible.

Okay.. So I re-applied the patches except for that USB3 Multiplex patch and when I booted with the 'new' DSDT my computer recognized my USB3 devices as USB3 and I get USB3, too. But now the USB2 port stopped working.

I will install XHCIMux.kext now.

It worked!!! All the USB2.0/3.0 ports work and reach their max. speed! :D

Thank you RehabMan!

- Remove USB3 Multiplex patch
- Rename EHC1/2 to EH01/02
- Install XHCImux kext

It worked!!! All the USB2.0/3.0 ports work and reach their max. speed! :D

Thank you RehabMan!

- Remove USB3 Multiplex patch
- Rename EHC1/2 to EH01/02
- Install XHCImux kext

Super. Make sure you test sleep/wake to be sure the USB2 routing on XHCI sticks.

Super. Make sure you test sleep/wake to be sure the USB2 routing on XHCI sticks.

To be honest.. I lost Sleep/Wake a long time ago in Yosemite. I don't know how and why that happened but in my Yosemite installation I can't sleep/wake.

In El Capitan my laptop sleeps but takes over 10 seconds to wake. And then it has this weird issue where kernel_task has high CPU usage and the fans spin very loud... In Yosemite this even happens when I boot into the system.

And I lost audio (this problem was solved with CodecCommander before).

There is a trick to 'calm the cpu down' by plugging in an usb device and pulling it out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back