Contribute
Register

El Capitan USB Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey RehabMan...
I'm not able to create usb bootable flash,when I get to apple logo it changes to circle with a slash ,which means no valid system partition.I figured after several attempts on other systems it was not the usb drive,It was the fact el Capitan has no enabled usb ports during boot process.So my question is there a way I could drop a injector type kext into my efi clover folder to enable usb to complete the el capitan install,then I can figure out how to get remaining ports to work ?
Right now I'm on Yosemite and using your usb kext to enable 3.0 ports ,but it will not work in el capitan.i have IOjones file of my layout to give you a better insight of my mother board ,and my DSDT

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

(make sure you fill out your profile/signature as requested in the guide... there is no laptop indicated in your profile)

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

my Laptop added in profile ,I'm having issue with desktop USB ports ,studying your guide as i reply ,it's pretty hard core ,very well ,written,need more time to process to attempt to ask specific question thanks
Done4zone

ok I got the usb flash drive to boot using your "GENERICUSBXHCI.kext" placed in clover,After clean install 10.11.2.My USB3.0 , back ports show up as 2.0 hub,in sys profile.I also have yosemite on another Drive with all usb ports working with same kext above ,which show up 3.0 super high speed ,and 2.0 high speed.i would like to rename ports EHCI/XHCI hubs to see if more USB hubs show up; without adding injector kexts.I tried "USBinjectALL.kext" into clover and nothing showed up,After reading many posts where some claim to rename EHCI/XHCI and provide no info on how to do this correctly have had good results.How do I do this correctly ?
here are my IOjones on 10.11.2 install with GENERICUSBXHCI.kext, this is an Intel board DX79SR,x79 chipset,I would imagine it would be an 7 series board? not sure has 6 usb3.0 ports and 14 usb2.0 ports ,i'd like to have my keyboard and mouse setup which is (mac) connected to a usb 2.0 port as the usb 3.0 ports are buggy and do not always play nice,I'm using macMini server smbios late 2012,as this with patched AICPUPM works accordingly.here is my IOjones 10.11.2,I'll reboot and upload 10.10.5 IOjohnes as well

Attachments

• Drone4zone Mac mini-10.11.2.iojones
    796.8 KB · Views: 86
  • Drone4zone-10.10.5.iojones
    956 KB · Views: 86
ok I got the usb flash drive to boot using your "GENERICUSBXHCI.kext" placed in clover,After clean install 10.11.2.My USB3.0 , back ports show up as 2.0 hub,in sys profile.I also have yosemite on another Drive with all usb ports working with same kext above ,which show up 3.0 super high speed ,and 2.0 high speed.i would like to rename ports EHCI/XHCI hubs to see if more USB hubs show up; without adding injector kexts.I tried "USBinjectALL.kext" into clover and nothing showed up,After reading many posts where some claim to rename EHCI/XHCI and provide no info on how to do this correctly have had good results.How do I do this correctly ?
here are my IOjones on 10.11.2 install with GENERICUSBXHCI.kext, this is an Intel board DX79SR,x79 chipset,I would imagine it would be an 7 series board? not sure has 6 usb3.0 ports and 14 usb2.0 ports ,i'd like to have my keyboard and mouse setup which is (mac) connected to a usb 2.0 port as the usb 3.0 ports are buggy and do not always play nice,I'm using macMini server smbios late 2012,as this with patched AICPUPM works accordingly.here is my IOjones 10.11.2,I'll reboot and upload 10.10.5 IOjohnes as well

Desktop questions off-topic in the laptop section.

Please post to the appropriate desktop forum.

HELLO
i have pc
GB x79-ud5
ram 16g
cpu i7
3.6 GHz 4core
i installed el capitan with all kext and update is to 10.11.3 all work good
usb 3 work
front and back but usb 2 not work
i'm use
GenericUSBXHCI
and i have wifi card with x79-ud5 any kext for it

HELLO
i have pc
GB x79-ud5
ram 16g
cpu i7
3.6 GHz 4core
i installed el capitan with all kext and update is to 10.11.3 all work good
usb 3 work
front and back but usb 2 not work
i'm use
GenericUSBXHCI
and i have wifi card with x79-ud5 any kext for it

Desktop questions off-topic in the laptop section.

Please post to the appropriate desktop forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back