Contribute
Register

El Capitan stuck in a reboot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya...kinda got the same problem. Only first boot is possible, afterwards, reboot loop... Damn...

View attachment 169026

Any suggestions? What's my problem?

Hey guys, just to update a little bit, I think my case was caused by a non-proper FakeSMC.kext. After I manage to delete this, I'm able to boot the system off USB again (1st boot again). kinda fix? it works on my s3-951 laptop, maybe work on yours as well to a Power Management kp? I shared the way of doing it Here.

I found a solution, easy peasy. I just plugged my memory stick into the other socket and it worked :thumbup:

If that can help :)

I am having a similar problem -- one line of crash text and then a reboot. moving USB ports did not help me. Any ideas?

Just to update on the issue above. Finally solved by deleting the previously installed FakeSMC.kext and installed the specific one in the EFI\Clover\kext\10.11\, following this tutorial.

The specified FakeSMC.kext has to be put on the desktop offline (can be via other bootable OS if you have any), so the installation can be done in single user mode.
Your idea helped me get my Yosemite 10.10.5 partition to boot after switching the graphics card from a GTX 680 to GTX 960. Instead of using that FakeSMC, I opted for the one bundled w/ the latest version of HWMonitor.

So follow the instructions here to add cpus=1 to your boot argument list for the current boot only. You'll have to do that on every boot unless you edit config.plist. See if it helps.
I had been searching for a solution online for more than a month and all this time cpus=1 was all I needed, smh. After extensive research through tedious trial and error I am now able to fully load my OS X 10.11 partition without it causing a reboot loop thanks to your solution. This was very necessary for me especially after switching from a GTX 680 to GTX 960. Thanks again

I have installed OS X El Cap on my desktop and when i run it, i get the apple logo like usual. But then the screen goes silver with a loading bar like the one under the apple in the bottom right of the screen. When the bar is full, a loading circle appears in the middle of the screen similar to the one shown when you shut down your iPhone. then the screen goes blank and the computer restarts. i think that this is a reboot loop, I'm new to this though.

Specs:
Dell XPS 8700
Intel i7-4790 3.60 ghz
Nvidia GT 720
12 GB RAM

Hey Guys, I just updated my Yosemite to El Capitan, the installation part was fine but after it finished and restarted I couldn't get to my system not even for a first boot, instead when I select my partition it shows me the Apple logo for a second then it reboots, I tried cpus=1 and got me no where, even the -v didn't work, hope you can help me because I really need it,

Here is my spec:
CPU: Intel i5-2400
Motherboard: MSI H67-E35 sandy bridge
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT430

Please tell me if you need more information and your help is appreciated

my reboot loop is this pls help thanks

error.jpg

I've got this errore and bootloop.
Any suggestion?
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• 20161127_144939.jpg