Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have been trying to install el capitan on my MSI GE72 Laptop with no success. It is the first time I try to install hackintosh so I don't know much.
I managed to create a bootable usb with clover and boot into it, but I can not start the installer, I always get a kernel panic.
I must say that GE72 has a skylake processor so I don't know if it is even possible to start the installer.

Here is the kernel panic I get :
error.jpg
(The error says " unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI\ ")

My Laptop Specs Are :
CPU : Intel Core i7-6700HQ
RAM : 8GB DDR4
Graphics Card :
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

Is there any way to get El Capitan working ?

I have been trying to install el capitan on my MSI GE72 Laptop with no success. It is the first time I try to install hackintosh so I don't know much.
I managed to create a bootable usb with clover and boot into it, but I can not start the installer, I always get a kernel panic.
I must say that GE72 has a skylake processor so I don't know if it is even possible to start the installer.

Here is the kernel panic I get :
View attachment 174482
(The error says " unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI\ ")

My Laptop Specs Are :
CPU : Intel Core i7-6700HQ
RAM : 8GB DDR4
Graphics Card :
Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

Is there any way to get El Capitan working ?

Most likely cause for that panic is overuse/abuse of Clover DSDT "Fixes".

I created a bootable usb again with unibeast and now I have another problem, garbled text and a prohibiten sign appears. The sign apears right after a couple of lines that say something like "IOUSBHostDevice::getDescription ...". What can I do to start the installer?

Thank you! I managed to install el capitan but my install is a little problematic. My laptop's keyboard and trackpad are not working and I can't connect any USB 3.0 (they don't even light up). But that was expected as I am trying to instal El Capitan on a skylake laptop while there is no macbook with skylake yet... I guess I have to wait...

Thank you! I managed to install el capitan but my install is a little problematic. My laptop's keyboard and trackpad are not working and I can't connect any USB 3.0 (they don't even light up). But that was expected as I am trying to instal El Capitan on a skylake laptop while there is no macbook with skylake yet... I guess I have to wait...

You need to install PS2 drivers.

And for USB, see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

I have the same laptop Msi GE72 6QD 17.1 inch
intel core i7 6700HQ skylake
16gb ddr4 ram
nividia gtx 960m 2gb
Micro star MS 1795 mobo
1tb hdd
I have managed to install elcapitain and tired nividia web drivers also there many things to fix rehab man need help brother

16gb ddr4 ram
nividia gtx 960m 2gb
Micro star MS 1795 mobo
1tb hdd
I have managed to install elcapitain and tired nividia web drivers also there many things to fix rehab man need help brother
I have to fix keyboard track pad need battery display in the menu bar then brightness fix, audio fix ...my Ethernet is working for now I don't know maybe Atheros e 2200 works but I have Atheros e2400 I don't know how that worked luck ...ok so I need plenty of fixes ...rehabman brother I know u can help me please guide me through this its a bit hard today I tried to read patching guides but Its too complicated sometimes inbetween I make a single little mistake then I have to start reading the whole thing again ..

I have to fix keyboard track pad need battery display in the menu bar then brightness fix, audio fix ...my Ethernet is working for now I don't know maybe Atheros e 2200 works but I have Atheros e2400 I don't know how that worked luck ...ok so I need plenty of fixes ...rehabman brother I know u can help me please guide me through this its a bit hard today I tried to read patching guides but Its too complicated sometimes inbetween I make a single little mistake then I have to start reading the whole thing again ..

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

16gb ddr4 ram
nividia gtx 960m 2gb
Micro star MS 1795 mobo
1tb hdd
Please tell me how to install.
I've got the same PC but it doesn't work for me....
Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back