Contribute
Register

El Capitan on Intel DX58SO

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,
I am trying to finish an El Capitan install on my Intel DX58so with Nvidia GTS450.
Unfortunately I am stuck in post installation.
I try to follow this :
Ok, I mean that everything is running smoothly: video, audio, ethernet, USB ports etc.

Summarized steps that I used in the installation:

1. Update BIOS with the latest update (year 2013, ver. 5600) from Intel web site (use Windows to run Express Bios Update);
2. Create a Bootable USB stick with UniBeast but partition USB stick with MBR instead GUID, set Legacy Boot Mode and copy DSDT file to EFI folder in USB stick after creation;
3. Boot from USB stick, format HD with DiskUtility as GUID, HFS journaled and install El Capitan;
4. Reboot, complete El Capitan setup and when reach desktop, download Nvidia Web Drivers and install;
5. Run MultiBeast, select Clover with UEFI Boot Mode, ALC 889, machine as MacPro 5,1;
6. Copy DSDT to EFI partition and run Clover Configurator with nv_drv=1, graphics enabler = no, boot in hires, quick boot, FixHPET, AddDTGP, AddMCHC, FixDarwin, FixIPIC and FixUSB;
7. Reboot and done.

But I do not understand some steps and I do not have DSDT (and where to get a correct one for my config).
Is there someone kind enough to explain step by step ?
Thank in advance.

do you I need a DSDT file in order to make it work ?

just bumping up this thread... i just got this motherboard and i wanted to install El Capitan on this. Are there any advise I need before pursuing installing this? or shall i be better use an older OS X for this motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back