Contribute
Register

El Capitan on GA-Z170X-UD5 Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, its a Z170X-UD5 full ATX board.

Make sure that you have AHCI enabled and Hotplug disabled in the BIOS. And use a USB 2 Port instead of USB 3.

So what the is the problem then? Drives should be showing in Disk utility.
The problem is that the system won't boot. Please see my previous posts going back to #76

The problem is that the system won't boot. Please see my previous posts going back to #76

If it doesn't boot. Attach screenshot of verbose mode. If you can boot attach Clover folder from EFI removing themes ZIP attach.

If it doesn't boot. Attach screenshot of verbose mode. If you can boot attach Clover folder from EFI removing themes ZIP attach.

A screenshot of verbose would just show a row of +++++++

I can get it to boot into the installer from the USB stick and run all the way through the install. The problem starts when I use Multibeast. I cannot get it to install the audio, video or USB kexts. I have tried using the defaults for UEFI which uses Mac Pro 3,1 as the system identifier, I have tried it with iMac 14,2 and iMac 17,1 all end up with the same result.

It's getting late for me here and I will be offline most of tomorrow. I probably won't be able to pick this back up until Tuesday morning.

UPDATE and good news.... after stepping away for a day to take care of some family business I started over with another fresh install of 10.11.6 on the OCZ SSD and ran Multibeast 8.2.1 with success! Everything is working with one small little issue, the left side of the finder bar is greyed out. If I hover over a selection it will show itself normally though and the right side displays just fine. Screen shots attached.

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 11.53.23 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-20 at 11.54.17 AM.png

One last update. I ended up putting in the old PNY GeForce 630GT card that I had and started over. Still had to use a version prior to 8.2.3, but I am now fully functioning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back