Contribute
Register

El Capitan on GA-Z170X-UD5 Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much tofuconfetti!
Your guide at part of 17.1 system definition and “black screen after boot” was very helpful and interesting for me!
This method also works in 10.12, checked by me. I also tried AGDPfix too, and it also works fine.

Have the same board, Asus gtx960 oc strix 2 Gb, i7-6700k.
If I use a multibeast, there are some problems:
1. system shows half of installed memory with wrong clock
2. ALC1150 work perfect, but HDMI Audio I used on GTX960 breaks and completely lost from pref panel.

About half-sized memory – this problem appeared immediately after the first boot from SSD/HDD (something wrong in multibeast or I do something wrong?! ). So, i manually install latest version of clover, put to EFI partition in kext folder latest version of fakesmc, reboot and I see full installed memory and base frequency (2133 Ghz instead 2666 Ghz bios shows). In config.plist i switch XMP detection to “yes” and now i see right digit.

About onboard audio – i don’t needed it, because i have external audio interface, which works natively in osx and primary i used HDMI Audio. But I still decide later this problem too.

I’m sorry for my bad English and thanks to all!

Z170X-UD5
intel i7-6700K

everything ok, just speed is Slow

install on m2 samsung ssd 950 pro (slow speed)
install on ssd samsung 850 evo (slow speed)

Copy ssdt-i7-6700k to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/
Crash on boot!

any idea?

Last edited:
I have a similar build that I'm trying to get working. I'm very new to this, but have made decent progress. I was able to get Sierra up and running (with lots of little bugs & things to fix), but I'm trying to start fresh w/ El Capitan instead (certain software I use isn't stable under Sierra yet). I've taken bits and pieces from lots of different guides I've found trying to get up and running w/ 10.11, but I'm stuck. I've read other posts w/ almost identical builds get their systems working flawlessly, so I don't think I should have hardware compatibility issues. The error I'm getting after I choose to boot in clover:

this version of mac os x is not supported on this platform! reason: mac-b809...

I should note that I set up the SMBIOS to iMac 17,1 (also tried w/ MacPro 3,1 - when I changed to this I didn't even get a message when trying to boot - just +++++++). You'll see that I added a few kexts that I thought would solve any sort of compatibility issues w/ the skylake processor.

Build:
MB - Gigabyte z170x ud5 th
EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
i7 6700K Skylake 4.0 GHz processor
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
Ballistix Sport LT 64GB DDR4 RAM
Corsair AX series AX760 power supply
Corsair 330R ultra-silent tower

Bios settings:
- Load "Optimized Defaults"
- disabled "VT-d"
- disabled "Secure Boot Mode"
- OS type to "Other OS"
- disabled "Serial IO port"
- set XHCI handoff "Enabled"

Attached my config.plist

Kexts added:
- AppleIntelE1000e.kext
- FakeSMC.kext
- NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
- USBInjectAll.kext
- AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer (10.11-SKL-1912000-4_displays)
- AppleAPIC (skylake APIC fix by Pike R. Alpha)

Drivers64UEFI:
- AppleImageCodec-64.efi
- AppleKeyAggregator-64-efi
- AppleUITheme-64.efi
- FirmwareVolume-64.efi
- FSInject-64.efi
- HFSPlus.efi
- OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi
- SMCHelper-64.efi

ACPI > patched > SSDT-i7-6700k.aml (from here)

Maybe I've added something unnecessary? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 263
Z170X-UD5
intel i7-6700K

don't have graphic card because motherboard supported (intel 530)
have many problem with graphic intel 530

i no gaming, but i think is better to buy one graphic card

any idea?
please advise me

Attachments

• photo_2016-11-16_01-07-06.jpg
    photo_2016-11-16_01-07-06.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 137
  • photo_2016-11-16_01-07-16.jpg
    photo_2016-11-16_01-07-16.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 125
  • photo_2016-11-16_01-22-16.jpg
    photo_2016-11-16_01-22-16.jpg
    216.8 KB · Views: 156
Hopefully someone can help me please. I have followed this guide as well as a few others and it always gives an error when trying to install ACL1500, 100 series audio, increase USB or Intel 530 graphics. The logs just say the install failed and the installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.

Z170X-UD5 (no TH)
Core i5 6500
2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000
Boot drive is an OCZ Agility 3 - 60GB

I can get through the Multibeast install if I chose quick start, UEFI, Intel Mausi and iMac 17, no sound and graphics are somewhat choppy. It also freezes up randomly.

Another thing I noticed was that with the two network ports on this board, the Mausi driver enables GB 2 and the AppleIGB driver enables GB1

I am using the latest Multibeast (8.2.3) Is there an older more preferred version? Any other ideas?

I am coming from an old EP45-UD3L board that worked great for about 7 years until it just stopped working a few days ago. So, this isn't my first go round, but it certainly is the most difficult build so far.

Ok so just did another format and reinstall, ran Multibeast Quickstart UEFI and again after rebooting I am confronted with a message that there is no bootable drive. I reboot, select F12 and this is what I see. P3 is the only drive installed and there is no UEFI designator on it like there is with the SanDisk flash drive.

IMG_0012.jpg

Ok... I am at a total loss here. I have tried multiple different drives, an OCZ Agility-3 60GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB SSD M.2 and a Seagate 1TB 7200 HDD. I have put them on various different SATA ports. I have verified that all the BIOS/UEFI settings are correct and have even reset the CMOS several times. Nothing seems to make a difference. I've even tried different USB drives in both legacy and UEFI mode. I tried using an old GeForce GT 630 card to see what would happen.

I get the same result each time. I can get El Capitan loaded from the USB drive, but Multibeast never installs a boot loader and I can only get the Intel network kexts to install. The audio, video and USB kets fail with the contact support error message in the logs.

If I try installing Clover on it's own, it does install a UEFI boot loader, but hangs immediately once I get the white Apple logo on the black screen, the progress bar shows up, but is empty and never does anything.

Ok... I am at a total loss here. I have tried multiple different drives, an OCZ Agility-3 60GB SSD, WD Blue 1TB SSD M.2 and a Seagate 1TB 7200 HDD. I have put them on various different SATA ports. I have verified that all the BIOS/UEFI settings are correct and have even reset the CMOS several times. Nothing seems to make a difference. I've even tried different USB drives in both legacy and UEFI mode. I tried using an old GeForce GT 630 card to see what would happen.

I get the same result each time. I can get El Capitan loaded from the USB drive, but Multibeast never installs a boot loader and I can only get the Intel network kexts to install. The audio, video and USB kets fail with the contact support error message in the logs.

If I try installing Clover on it's own, it does install a UEFI boot loader, but hangs immediately once I get the white Apple logo on the black screen, the progress bar shows up, but is empty and never does anything.

Im by no means an expert but it sounds like Bios settings are bad, if you've tried on 3 different drives, is ahci set active and enabled ? might you have inadvertently selected raid or other ? not sure but Id start with your Bios

Im by no means an expert but it sounds like Bios settings are bad, if you've tried on 3 different drives, is ahci set active and enabled ? might you have inadvertently selected raid or other ? not sure but Id start with your Bios

Yes it is set to AHCI, not RAID. I have been through the BIOS settings more times than I can count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back