Contribute
Register

El Capitan Install SUCCESS with Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, because when I click save, and then exit, I start getting weird messages. Then, when I restart, I discover that the timer has changed, but the theme has not. Then I discover that the HD boot up has reverted back to UEFI instead of legacy.

So, yes, I need to know if there are any other steps involved. :)

Here it is, if this is what you are looking for. :)

Config shows you're using patches which your board dont require. Theres no HFSPlus.efi in DriversUEFI64. No SSDT implement Powermanagement. You also have HDA kernel flags which isn't needed can use Clover Audio injection.

I think that perhaps the config.plist that you are editing is not the one that you are booting with.

Recommend re-doing Clover and its Config. Config should look something like this.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 339
I re-ran Multi-beast, taking care to run it in Legacy Mode, and I am up and running, no USB stick required.

When I try to boot into Windows 10, I am getting a white box, but with as frazzled as I am, I think I had better let that one wait until tomorrow. :)

I re-ran Multi-beast, taking care to run it in Legacy Mode, and I am up and running, no USB stick required.

When I try to boot into Windows 10, I am getting a white box, but with as frazzled as I am, I think I had better let that one wait until tomorrow. :)

Why Legacy? Use UEFI and reinstall Windows in UEFI not Legacy. You're motherboard is UEFI.

Will that cause a problem with my current El Capitan install?

Also, would I need to change my bios to UEFI only? or set it to UEFI and Legacy?

Will that cause a problem with my current El Capitan install?

Also, would I need to change my bios to UEFI only? or set it to UEFI and Legacy?

It depends how you got Windows already because is it all on one drive? Or a second drive for Windows? And I've got mine set to UEFI only.

I have windows on a separate drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back