Contribute
Register

El Capitan Install SUCCESS with Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sound logical. Would fixing it simply be a matter of doing a reinstall? (BTW, I can't see the USB drive at all, for some reason.)

It depends on if you can make the config.plist on your hard drive work.
If not a reinstall may well be in order.

Just reinstalling Clover, or am I going to have to start completely over?

Just reinstalling Clover, or am I going to have to start completely over?

I have no way of knowing - Something is obviously quite wrong if you cannot even see your USB in Finder.
An install takes less than half an hour - Troubleshooting takes forever.

Ok, I will go ahead and do a total reinstall. Quick question: I just attached an external HD and am running a fresh backup via Time Machine. If I successfully do the reinstall, and then restore from Time Machine, am I going to have this same problem?

Ok, I will go ahead and do a total reinstall. Quick question: I just attached an external HD and am running a fresh backup via Time Machine. If I successfully do the reinstall, and then restore from Time Machine, am I going to have this same problem?

Time Machine cannot fix anything.

I understand that. My question is, if I actually get my machine to boot to El Capitan without the use of a USB stick, and then go into Time Machine and Restore all of my files, will it revert the Clover Settings to the "Not Working" state they are in right now?

I understand that. My question is, if I actually get my machine to boot to El Capitan without the use of a USB stick, and then go into Time Machine and Restore all of my files, will it revert the Clover Settings to the "Not Working" state they are in right now?

No.

Unless of course you installed to your hard drive in Legacy Mode.

OK!! I GOT IT!!!

Many Thanks!!

I re-ran Multi-beast, choosing Legacy Mode, and everything is now good.

Two last (itty-bitty) questions, and I will leave you guys alone: 1) How do I change the theme on this? 2) There is a countdown to select a OS (Mac or Windows 10). Any way to change the countdown to give myself an extra couple of seconds to make a choice?

1) How do I change the theme on this?
You may install additional themes when you run the Clover installer.
They can also be installed from within CloverConfigurator

2) There is a countdown to select a OS (Mac or Windows 10). Any way to change the countdown to give myself an extra couple of seconds to make a choice?

It is a setting in your config.plist - Edit with CloverConfigurator .

Timeout.png

Ok, just make the changes, and then click "Save"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back