Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Has anyone heard if this is coming out soon? The Haswell-E patch-on-the-fly in Clover is not working for El Cap GM.

Has anyone heard if this is coming out soon? The Haswell-E patch-on-the-fly in Clover is not working for El Cap GM.

What do you mean it's not working? You can't boot into El Cap GM with clover "KernelHaswellE" enabled? I don't need this key enabled in clover to run El Cap GM on my ASRock X99m killer and 5820k, and I find out that the VoodooTSCSync.kext is no longer needed as well.

What do you mean it's not working? You can't boot into El Cap GM with clover "KernelHaswellE" enabled? I don't need this key enabled in clover to run El Cap GM on my ASRock X99m killer and 5820k, and I find out that the VoodooTSCSync.kext is no longer needed as well.
That's because VoodooTSCSync and the patched kernel are in cache. If you clear kernel cache you'll find that El Cap won't boot without them...

That's because VoodooTSCSync and the patched kernel are in cache. If you clear kernel cache you'll find that El Cap won't boot without them...

I'm confused. I always put additional kexts in EFI, and after removing VoodooTSCSync from it, I rebuild cache several times, are they still in the kernel cache?

Since 10.10.2 the kernel patch is NOT necessary. The Haswell-E X99 guide needs to be updated.

how about speedstep in 10.11 el capitan and x99 aka haswell-e? is it supported now?

I'm confused. I always put additional kexts in EFI, and after removing VoodooTSCSync from it, I rebuild cache several times, are they still in the kernel cache?
Hmmm, I can tell you for certain my box will not load El Cap without VoodooTSCSync.

Since 10.10.2 the kernel patch is NOT necessary. The Haswell-E X99 guide needs to be updated.
People keep posting this but it's not the case here... Where does your info come from? What X99 processor are you running?

People keep posting this but it's not the case here... Where does your info come from? What X99 processor are you running?

Several have gotten this working over on insanelymac:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...830k-and-5820k-1010-10101-yosemite/?p=2168453

Here's the summary for 10.10.2+:

Core i7's and 14+ core Xeons still require legacy IOPCIFamily and ACPIPlatform
4, 6, and 12 core Xeons do not require legacy IOPCIFamily, ACPIPlatform, or VoodooTSCSync

all seem to be working without a kernel patch...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back