Contribute
Register

El Capitan Haswell-E patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several have gotten this working over on insanelymac:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...830k-and-5820k-1010-10101-yosemite/?p=2168453

Here's the summary for 10.10.2+:

Core i7's and 14+ core Xeons still require legacy IOPCIFamily and ACPIPlatform
4, 6, and 12 core Xeons do not require legacy IOPCIFamily, ACPIPlatform, or VoodooTSCSync

all seem to be working without a kernel patch...
This is all nonsense and very old info... Let's try to limit the thread to people that actually have experience with the hardware.

Hmmm, I can tell you for certain my box will not load El Cap without VoodooTSCSync.

It seems only 5820k can work without kernel patch and VoodooTSCSync.

It seems only 5820k can work without kernel patch and VoodooTSCSync.
And supposedly a few 12 core Xeons with I read today, but don't know for sure...

I confirm that Asus X99 deluxe + i7 5820K does not require Kernel patch on 10.10.5 and 10.11.
I even never patched El Capitan (clean install on a separate drive), so nobody can say that it is the cache…

A lot of issues for now. My very fast overclocking that is totally stable on Yosemite, Windows 10 and Lubuntu does not allow El Capitan to boot.
USB is awful (ASMedia chipset not supported yet), WiFi does not work for 5GHz band (but it does for others).
NVidia web drivers are working, but it was a pain to install, and I can only boot El Capitan once without crashing. I need to boot on Yosemite and clear cache and repair permissions on El Capitan to be able to boot it again (and only once again).

Well, my main system will remain Yosemite for now, until things will work better.

And supposedly a few 12 core Xeons with I read today, but don't know for sure...

I can assure you that my 12-core v3 Xeon works without any kernel patches or rollback kexts. I first posted about it at least four months ago.

I don't use i7's very often, so my personal testing is spotty, as I said in the insanelymac thread. No idea which i7's are able to do this, no the 5960X which is the only i7 I have personally tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back