i5-2500K
Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

I am trying to get El Capitan to work (system in signature). A few years ago I had successfully running 10.8 on this system without any problems. However, 10.11 seems to be a little more tricky. So here is all that I tried until now:

I booted up with UniBeast with Clover and installed everything without any problems. After booting into El Capitan with the USB (also without any problems) almost everything seemed to work OOB, except for the Audio. I started up MultiBeast and went with the QuickInstall option:

ALC892 Driver
Inject NVIDIA
Bootloader Clover UEFI

I put the DSDT for my MB (downloaded here) into EFI > Clover > ACPI > patched

So far so good. After rebooting and starting from HDD I get to the loading screen with the apple logo and that's it. Here's for the troubleshooting:

-v: [PCI configuration begin]
-v -x: [PCI configuration begin], sometimes 'RTC: Only single Ram Ba'
npci=0x1000 OR npci=0x2000 OR npci=0x3000: all [PCI configuration begin]

After checking NullCPUPowerManagement still nothing: [PCI configuration begin]

Booting from USB worked fine however, so I booted up from USB, mounted both EFI partitions and just copied the USB Clover folder to the EFI partition of the hard drive. Same problem. I wonder, why it boots (almost) perfectly from USB, but not after installing Clover...

Appreciate any help. Thanks guys.

Cheers,
AnotherGuyver

Update for reference: I seem to have found the problem for the [PCI configuration begin] kernel panic.

Although I assumed otherwise, the F4 BIOS Version of this MB does have an option for virtualisation. As soon as I turned that off, I could boot into the system just fine without any flags. The only problem I have now is that the sound driver does not work (which seems to be a common problem with this board). I succeeded in installing the driver and getting it to work once, but after I did a fresh install, I can't seem to get it working with the previous method (getting the DSDT for this sound driver and putting it onto the EFI partition). I will try to get it working again and post for future references.

Cheers,
AnotherGuyver

The system now boots with clover without any flags. However, I started getting the HPET kernel panic. HPET is on in the BIOS and set to 64bit.

I also noticed, that there are no kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11

However, when the system was working the last time, all of the kexts were located there.

Cheers,
AnotherGuyver

So far so good. I found the problem. Probably not a good idea to install the UEFI version of the bootloader on a non-UEFI-system. Anyhow, with the fresh install and MultiBeast almost everything is working perfectly. Graphics work OOB, Audio, Sleep. I just have a little problem with the network drivers. They seem to work fine. However, when testing my internet speed (I have a 50Mbit line) I only get around 18Mbit. I also tested with my MacBook to be sure: Full 50Mbit. Also, when connecting to my local network, I can not get near the speed of my other devices at all. My router says it is connected with gigabit ethernet alright, but the copying process is so slow...

Any of you had any experience with that?

Cheers,
AnotherGuyver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back