Contribute
Register

El Capitan does not boot with my AMD 7950.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI
CPU
Intel I7-6700k
Graphics
AMD Sapphire 7950
I just finished installing my Hackintosh on my computer, but I had to use the onboard graphics card to do so. The Hackintosh works great with the onboard graphics and everything else works flawlessly (audio, internet, etc.) If I plug in my Graphics Card, however, it will pop up a whole bunch of errors and end with "GPU Hardware VM is enabled..." after which the computer restarts. I have attached a photo of the error I am experiencing right before it restarts. My computer components are as follows:

CPU: Intel i7 6700k
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170XP-SLI
Graphics Card: AMD HD7950
Memory: Crucial Ballistix DDR4 2400Mhz 16GB
Hard Drive: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB

20160806_144557.jpg

Which make is your HD 7950? This "smells" like XFX...

Nope, its a Sapphire. My friend has the exact same make and model graphics card in his Hackintosh without any of the issues I am facing, so I know the card can work, I just don't know why it isn't.

Also, I have tried "nv_disable=1" and I've tried booting into Safe Mode, none of which have worked either.

nv_disable is for Nvidia GPUs only, so it won't do anything.

I suggest to make a ROM dump from your and your friend's GPU. In case they're not 100% equal, I'd try to load your friends ROM with Clover's LoadVBIOS feature.

I don't know what a ROM dump is and a quick google search only showed me how to do it with smart phones, not computers. Is there a resource on how to do what you are asking?

It's usually done with Windows or DOS tools like atiflash.exe or GPU-Z. For Hackintosh users the simplest way is using Clover: Pressing F6 at the Clover screen will dump the VBIOS to EFI/misc.

I tried the Rom Dump on the Hackintosh and it caused the computer to crash and restart. Is there another way to do a rom dump for the hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back