Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a post from you referring to the BRT6 method, but I'm not really sure what to do with it :/

EDIT: Finally got it! Thanks so much RehabMan. I changed the BRT6 method to the following (and I already had the Windows 8 OS Check Fix patch applied), and it's finally working.

Code:
        Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
            {
                Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)
            }

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
            {
                Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)
            }
        }

And for anyone that's interested in my configuration thats seemingly working almost flawlessly on 10.11.5:

• I used EFIShell to run the commands "setup_var 0x183 0x3” and "setup_var 0x184 0x3” as described in the OP.
  • The kexts I'm using are: ACPIBatteryManager, AppleHDADisabler, BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRAM2, CodecCommander, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi, FakePCIID_XHCIMux, FakePCIID, FakeSMC and the FakeSMC Sensors, IntelBackLight, USBInjectAll, VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2Controller.
  • The DSDT patches I've used are: [bat] Dell XPS 13, [igpu] Brightness Fix (Haswell/Broadwell), [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU (very important: you have to apply this patch to all your SSDTs also otherwise OS X won't boot), [syn] Fix ADBG Error, [sys] AC Adapter Fix, [sys] Add IMEI, [sys] Add MCHC, [sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2, [sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel, [sys] HPET Fix, [sys] IRQ Fix, [sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8), [sys] RTC Fix, [sys] Shutdown Fix v2, [sys] SMBUS Fix, [usb] USB3 _PRW 0x6D (instant wake), Insert DTGP, and the above BRT6 fix that I did manually.
  • I used RehabMan's guide to get Native CPU Power Management working via an SSDT.aml
  • I've attached my Clover config.plist (to get iMessage/FaceTime working, you're gonna have to use Clover Configurator to change the SN, Board SN, SnUUID, ROM, and MLB; I used this as a guide)
  • I haven't tried connecting an external monitor, so I have no idea if it works and if audio would work with that, but I definitely haven't done anything that might be needed to get it to work. Maybe someone else that has can let me know and I'll add it to my config.plist/DSDT patches.
Has anyone figured out how to get the camera to turn off after using it? That's the last little thing left for me to consider this thing working perfectly.
Great work stealth658! Can you add your patched DSDT and SSDTs as well? Just want to compare with mine. Thanks.

Great work stealth658! Can you add your patched DSDT and SSDTs as well? Just want to compare with mine. Thanks.
Here you go. Like I said in my last post, I've been having this intermittent issue with sleep that I feel might be due to some incorrect/incomplete DSDT/SSDT patching, so if you see anything you think might be wrong/missing, please lemme know. I'm by no means an expert when it comes to this stuff.

Btw, SSDT-3.aml kept preventing my computer from booting regardless of how I patched it, so I ended up just trashing it.

Attachments

• ACPI Patched.zip
    46 KB · Views: 91
Here you go. Like I said in my last post, I've been having this intermittent issue with sleep that I feel might be due to some incorrect/incomplete DSDT/SSDT patching, so if you see anything you think might be wrong/missing, please lemme know. I'm by no means an expert when it comes to this stuff.

Btw, SSDT-3.aml kept preventing my computer from booting regardless of how I patched it, so I ended up just trashing it.

Keep in mind that no one but you can use your patched ACPI...

The issue with the webcam light is definitely kext/ACPI related.

My previous installation that didn't have power management had the webcam light working fine.

My current installation with everything working (except AppleHDA. I can't figure out how to patch that, but still learning) won't turn off the webcam light.

Last edited:
Stay away from the Clover released today (v3642)!

It wouldn't allow my machine to boot, hanging at the Dell logo screen. Stick with v3625 for now.

Stay away from the Clover released today (v3642)!

It wouldn't allow my machine to boot, hanging at the Dell logo screen. Stick with v3625 for now.

...and I can confirm the new version of Clover breaks my machine in the same way after updating to today's 10.11.6. Clover v3625 works just fine.

I am having 'PM kernel:fInterfaceSnapshots is missing' on each boot at kernel log. Should I be concern about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back