Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey sorry, I should have specified. I'm talking about the screen backlight. I've got the keyboard backlight and screen brightness slider working as well, but I've seen that people can get the screen brightness keys working on the Dell XPS 15, but that method doesn't seem to work on my laptop.

I'm pretty sure the patches required for the brightness keys are discussed in this thread.

My backlight key is working just fine to cycle through "bright", "medium" and "off". This functionality was enabled through proper DSDT creation and/or SSDT's.

No screen brightness control via the keys, but there is a slider in the displays System Preference that I use to change screen brightness. Again, this wasn't there until the creation and use of DSDT and SSDT's.

I'm pretty sure the patches required for the brightness keys are discussed in this thread.
There's a post from you referring to the BRT6 method, but I'm not really sure what to do with it :/

EDIT: Finally got it! Thanks so much RehabMan. I changed the BRT6 method to the following (and I already had the Windows 8 OS Check Fix patch applied), and it's finally working.

Code:
        Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
            {
                Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)
            }

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
            {
                Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)
            }
        }

And for anyone that's interested in my configuration thats seemingly working almost flawlessly on 10.11.5:

• I used EFIShell to run the commands "setup_var 0x183 0x3” and "setup_var 0x184 0x3” as described in the OP.
  • The kexts I'm using are: ACPIBatteryManager, AppleHDADisabler, BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRAM2, CodecCommander, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi, FakePCIID_XHCIMux, FakePCIID, FakeSMC and the FakeSMC Sensors, IntelBackLight, USBInjectAll, VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2Controller.
  • The DSDT patches I've used are: [bat] Dell XPS 13, [igpu] Brightness Fix (Haswell/Broadwell), [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU (very important: you have to apply this patch to all your SSDTs also otherwise OS X won't boot), [syn] Fix ADBG Error, [sys] AC Adapter Fix, [sys] Add IMEI, [sys] Add MCHC, [sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2, [sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel, [sys] HPET Fix, [sys] IRQ Fix, [sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8), [sys] RTC Fix, [sys] Shutdown Fix v2, [sys] SMBUS Fix, [usb] USB3 _PRW 0x6D (instant wake), Insert DTGP, and the above BRT6 fix that I did manually.
  • I used RehabMan's guide to get Native CPU Power Management working via an SSDT.aml
  • I've attached my Clover config.plist (to get iMessage/FaceTime working, you're gonna have to use Clover Configurator to change the SN, Board SN, SnUUID, ROM, and MLB; I used this as a guide)
  • I haven't tried connecting an external monitor, so I have no idea if it works and if audio would work with that, but I definitely haven't done anything that might be needed to get it to work. Maybe someone else that has can let me know and I'll add it to my config.plist/DSDT patches.
Has anyone figured out how to get the camera to turn off after using it? That's the last little thing left for me to consider this thing working perfectly.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
There's a post from you referring to the BRT6 method, but I'm not really sure what to do with it :/

EDIT: Finally got it! Thanks so much RehabMan. I changed the BRT6 method to the following (and I already had the Windows 8 OS Check Fix patch applied), and it's finally working.

Code:
        Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
            {
                Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)
            }

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
            {
                Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)
            }
        }

And for anyone that's interested in my configuration thats seemingly working almost flawlessly on 10.11.5:

• I used EFIShell to run the commands "setup_var 0x183 0x3” and "setup_var 0x184 0x3” as described in the OP.
  • The kexts I'm using are: ACPIBatteryManager, AppleHDADisabler, BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRAM2, CodecCommander, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi, FakePCIID_XHCIMux, FakePCIID, FakeSMC and the FakeSMC Sensors, IntelBackLight, USBInjectAll, VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2Controller.
  • The DSDT patches I've used are: [bat] Dell XPS 13, [igpu] Brightness Fix (Haswell/Broadwell), [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU (very important: you have to apply this patch to all your SSDTs also otherwise OS X won't boot), [syn] Fix ADBG Error, [sys] AC Adapter Fix, [sys] Add IMEI, [sys] Add MCHC, [sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2, [sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel, [sys] HPET Fix, [sys] IRQ Fix, [sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8), [sys] RTC Fix, [sys] Shutdown Fix v2, [sys] SMBUS Fix, [usb] USB3 _PRW 0x6D (instant wake), Insert DTGP, and the above BRT6 fix that I did manually.
  • I used RehabMan's guide to get Native CPU Power Management working via an SSDT.aml
  • I've attached my Clover config.plist (to get iMessage/FaceTime working, you're gonna have to use Clover Configurator to change the SN, Board SN, SnUUID, ROM, and MLB; I used this as a guide)
  • I haven't tried connecting an external monitor, so I have no idea if it works and if audio would work with that, but I definitely haven't done anything that might be needed to get it to work. Maybe someone else that has can let me know and I'll add it to my config.plist/DSDT patches.
Has anyone figured out how to get the camera to turn off after using it? That's the last little thing left for me to consider this thing working perfectly.

Excellent! I applied the BRT6 fix you mentioned above and inserted DTGP to my existing DSDT and got the screen brightness keys to work as they should!

For those looking for the DTGP information to be inserted into the DSDT, here is the text I used, found on this page:

https://github.com/a-anosov-parc/hackintosh-tools/blob/master/dsdt_editor/DSDT Editor/Patches/Desktop/DTGP.txt

Has anyone figured out how to get the camera to turn off after using it? That's the last little thing left for me to consider this thing working perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Same question here. RhM mentioned it may be a USB issue, but I'm not sure how to proceed with this one.

Excellent! I applied the BRT6 fix you mentioned above and inserted DTGP to my existing DSDT and got the screen brightness keys to work as they should!

For those looking for the DTGP information to be inserted into the DSDT, here is the text I used, found on this page:

https://github.com/a-anosov-parc/hackintosh-tools/blob/master/dsdt_editor/DSDT Editor/Patches/Desktop/DTGP.txt

I was wondering if you've noticed any issues with sleep. Not every time, but every few times I put my laptop to sleep (whether it's by closing the lid or via the Apple menu), the screen will turn off, but the laptop will remain powered on and responsive to turning on the keyboard backlight. But I won't be able to wake it up again or increase the screen brightness, and I end up having to turn off the computer. I'm thinking maybe I messed up in patching my SSDTs, or maybe it might help to properly inject the USB ports.

I was wondering if you've noticed any issues with sleep. Not every time, but every few times I put my laptop to sleep (whether it's by closing the lid or via the Apple menu), the screen will turn off, but the laptop will remain powered on and responsive to turning on the keyboard backlight. But I won't be able to wake it up again or increase the screen brightness, and I end up having to turn off the computer. I'm thinking maybe I messed up in patching my SSDTs, or maybe it might help to properly inject the USB ports.

Thus far all has been working okay (other than the webcam not powering down). Not sure how to help you though.

Edit: Try a permissions repair?

After a quick SMBIOS fix, touchscreen and webcam works. Bluetooth is detected but I havent installed the kext. Now I gotta fix the power issue and touch pad issue.

Also, tested out the HDMI/DP and it works, but no audio.

After a quick SMBIOS fix, touchscreen and webcam works. Bluetooth is detected but I havent installed the kext. Now I gotta fix the power issue and touch pad issue.

Also, tested out the HDMI/DP and it works, but no audio.
Would you share your Clover folder please? If you don't mind of course.

Would you share your Clover folder please? If you don't mind of course.
Here you go. Not sure how it would help you tho. There are no kexts there.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    36.6 MB · Views: 154
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back