Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman,

So I have gotten down to the BRT6 method as shown below:

Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
{
Notify (LCD, 0x86) // Device-Specific
}

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
{
Notify (LCD, 0x87) // Device-Specific
}
}

I've been using this example as a guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-laptop-backlight-control-46.html#post1100613

However, when I plug in the Notify lines from the example, it still does not work.

Here is what I changed it to:

Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
{
Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)
}

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
{
Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)
}
}

Is this because this example is using GPE and the Dell 9343 uses ACPI events? Any guidance?

Use ACPIDebug to verify you're reaching the Notify code. Also keep in mind that you must have the correct version of VoodooPS2Controller.

Use ACPIDebug to verify you're reaching the Notify code. Also keep in mind that you must have the correct version of VoodooPS2Controller.

I put in some traces in the conditionals of BRT6 and they are not being triggered. I even went back to EV5 and put traces there with no output in console. What I find weird is that my Q66 EC query prints Enter but never the Exit. The example shows enter and exit for each key.

Finally, I am using the voodoops2Controller from your Git dated 11/28. Do I need to edit any plists in it to get this to work?

I put in some traces in the conditionals of BRT6 and they are not being triggered. I even went back to EV5 and put traces there with no output in console. What I find weird is that my Q66 EC query prints Enter but never the Exit. The example shows enter and exit for each key.

It means your _Q66 method is aborting somewhere in the middle. Use ACPIDebug to discover where.

Finally, I am using the voodoops2Controller from your Git dated 11/28. Do I need to edit any plists in it to get this to work?

The latest version definitely supports the notifications. But if you don't reach the notification code, don't expect anything to happen.

It means your _Q66 method is aborting somewhere in the middle. Use ACPIDebug to discover where.

The latest version definitely supports the notifications. But if you don't reach the notification code, don't expect anything to happen.

Well I have traced away and I cannot figure out what's going on. I started with a fresh DSDT and only patched ABRG, GFX0-IGPU, and OS Fix. Q66 gets to NEVT and that's about it. SMIE gets trace gets triggered by something else as it prints before I even press F11 or F12.

Would it be possible for you to take a quick look and point me in the right direction?

Also, has anyone else got this working out there? I've only seen people on the path but no success stories.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    78.1 KB · Views: 111
Well I have traced away and I cannot figure out what's going on. I started with a fresh DSDT and only patched ABRG, GFX0-IGPU, and OS Fix. Q66 gets to NEVT and that's about it. SMIE gets trace gets triggered by something else as it prints before I even press F11 or F12.

Would it be possible for you to take a quick look and point me in the right direction?

Also, has anyone else got this working out there? I've only seen people on the path but no success stories.

Your debugging code has a serious flaw. You placed the debug trace after the return statement:
Code:
                Return (Zero)
                \RMDT.P1 ("EC _Q66 exit")

The \RMDT.P1 code is not reachable.

Your debugging code has a serious flaw. You placed the debug trace after the return statement:
Code:
                Return (Zero)
                \RMDT.P1 ("EC _Q66 exit")

The \RMDT.P1 code is not reachable.

Ah yes I fixed that and now I get the Exit. Now to do a 180 LOL. No BRT6. After tracing ridiculous amounts, I ended up down the path of WMNF. I found this and this guy's DSDT looks extremely similar to mine. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292800-dsdt-debuggingtracing-to-systemlog/?p=2133567

I tried to insert the Q66 complex method but to no avail. Are these keypress assuming you are doing FN+F11 and F12 or just F11 and F12. Also, how is it decided whether the notify is 0x0206 vs 0x0205 vs 0x0405 vs 0x0406. Is this the code in the VoodooPS2Controller's plist? How do I find out what my laptop needs to use?

Ah yes I fixed that and now I get the Exit. Now to do a 180 LOL. No BRT6. After tracing ridiculous amounts, I ended up down the path of WMNF. I found this and this guy's DSDT looks extremely similar to mine. http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292800-dsdt-debuggingtracing-to-systemlog/?p=2133567

I tried to insert the Q66 complex method but to no avail. Are these keypress assuming you are doing FN+F11 and F12 or just F11 and F12. Also, how is it decided whether the notify is 0x0206 vs 0x0205 vs 0x0405 vs 0x0406. Is this the code in the VoodooPS2Controller's plist? How do I find out what my laptop needs to use?

What is the output from within NEVT/etc?

What is the output from within NEVT/etc?

With the complex fix in place, I get nothing from NEVT as it is no longer called from Q66. I put some traces throughout the complex fix, and most get triggered, even the Exit. However, the traces in the Notify sections do not.

I spoke to the guy from the other thread, wern apfel, and he said that his machine was a latitude and that the code is unlikely to work for an XPS. He said my DSDT is more like an Inspiron. I guess I'm going back to the drawing board and see if I can pick anything else up after WMNF. Any eureka moments please share. This is a great hack machine otherwise but sometimes it's that ONE THING that will drive you nuts LOL.

Attachments

• Original_DSDT.aml
    77.3 KB · Views: 87
  • DSDT_complex.aml
    80.3 KB · Views: 87
With the complex fix in place, I get nothing from NEVT as it is no longer called from Q66.

You will need to determine why it is not called from _Q66.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    80.3 KB · Views: 81
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back