Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone updated to 10.11.2 that was released today? If so, any issues with our machine?

Keep in mind that if the IOKit framework is updated, that it will need to be patched before your internal UHD screen will work.

Anyone updated to 10.11.2 that was released today? If so, any issues with our machine?

Everything went smooth as previous updates for me. Make sure you do the IOKit patch as RM stated.

I have the brightness slider working and I am trying to map keys. I used the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext to look at key codes but there is no output for F11 or F12. Fn + F11 or F12 does give a code. Don't I need the F11 and F12 key codes to edit the VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext?

My end goal is brightness slider working with F11 and F12 keys and the on-screen sun popup when adjusting brightness.

I have the brightness slider working and I am trying to map keys. I used the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller.kext to look at key codes but there is no output for F11 or F12. Fn + F11 or F12 does give a code. Don't I need the F11 and F12 key codes to edit the VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext?

My end goal is brightness slider working with F11 and F12 keys and the on-screen sun popup when adjusting brightness.

Your keys are probably handled by ACPI (it is typical). Read the guide... it is covered.

Any progress on this?

No. Using ACPIdebug.kext I found our key to be code _Q66 for both F11 and F12. This makes the DSDT edit more complicated. Glitchbit claims to have edited his DSDT to make these keys work. I have tried to compare our DSDTs and edit mine but brightness keys still do not work. Check out his git from this thread.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306058-dell-xps-13-9343-touch-thread/?p=2169277

Seems the SMEE method is what needs editing.

Analyse _Q66 and code it calls to determine how to disambiguate the keys...

Analyse _Q66 and code it calls to determine how to disambiguate the keys...

Hi Rehabman,

So I have gotten down to the BRT6 method as shown below:

Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
{
Notify (LCD, 0x86) // Device-Specific
}

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
{
Notify (LCD, 0x87) // Device-Specific
}
}

I've been using this example as a guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-laptop-backlight-control-46.html#post1100613

However, when I plug in the Notify lines from the example, it still does not work.

Here is what I changed it to:

Method (BRT6, 2, NotSerialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, One))
{
Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0406)
}

If (And (Arg0, 0x02))
{
Notify (^^LPCB.PS2K, 0x0405)
}
}

Is this because this example is using GPE and the Dell 9343 uses ACPI events? Any guidance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back