Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, made most of those corrections (new clover folder attached), next will be trying the FakePCIID options.

Keep in mind that kext injection doesn't work.

Evasive maneuvers (single user mode, kextload) required.

Also, I noticed the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport !" error before the Still waiting for host response.

Normal... as usually you either don't have compatible BT hardware installed, or lack the necessary software to make it work.

Bluetooth is not required to boot.

Keep in mind that kext injection doesn't work.

Evasive maneuvers (single user mode, kextload) required.

Normal... as usually you either don't have compatible BT hardware installed, or lack the necessary software to make it work.

Bluetooth is not required to boot.

Okay, will try single user mode, kextload next. Here is the current clover folder and newest verbose boot screen:

View attachment 146791

IMG_0840.jpg

Kext injection is working. Must be early beta.

Try different USB ports, different USB sticks.

Check USB options in BIOS. Experiment.

This is made with Beta 1 (as OP). I've tried different ports and both USB 2.0 & 3.0 sticks. I've tried with USB 3.0 option disabled in BIOS as well. No luck.

Any idea how one can download the latest beta? I believe it's up to Public Beta 4 now.

This is made with Beta 1 (as OP). I've tried different ports and both USB 2.0 & 3.0 sticks. I've tried with USB 3.0 option disabled in BIOS as well. No luck.

Try with OsxAptioFix2.

Lots of different combinations to try with regard to FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, USB options in BIOS, FixOwnership, etc.

My guess on best option: USB3 enabled, no FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, USB3 stick.

The USB related errors look like trouble.

Did you create your installer partition with createinstallmedia? On what hardware?

You could also try creating a complete set of patched ACPI files.

Try using config.plist from guide (your config.plist has strange stuff in it): https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

Any idea how one can download the latest beta? I believe it's up to Public Beta 4 now.

You get what the App Store gives you. Last time I tried, still delivering beta4.

I'll try again, when they release the next one, maybe using a new appleid not previously signed up for the beta.

Try with OsxAptioFix2.

Lots of different combinations to try with regard to FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, USB options in BIOS, FixOwnership, etc.

My guess on best option: USB3 enabled, no FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, USB3 stick.

The USB related errors look like trouble.

Did you create your installer partition with createinstallmedia? On what hardware?

You could also try creating a complete set of patched ACPI files.

Try using config.plist from guide (your config.plist has strange stuff in it): https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config

You get what the App Store gives you. Last time I tried, still delivering beta4.

I'll try again, when they release the next one, maybe using a new appleid not previously signed up for the beta.

"USB3 enabled, no FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, USB3 stick" - done

I have your
config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist installed (renamed config.plist)

I did create USB partition with createinstallmedia.

Created on a working Hack running Yosemite. Asus Z77, Intel Core i7

How do I try with OsxAptioFix2 ?

Yep, I thought that was the answer regarding beta 4. It should would be nice to try with that beta rather than beta 1, just to see if it corrects this apparent USB issue.

"USB3 enabled, no FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext, USB3 stick" - done

I have your
config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist installed (renamed config.plist)

I did create USB partition with createinstallmedia.

Created on a working Hack running Yosemite. Asus Z77, Intel Core i7

Always reply with results if you expect a response.

You probably have enough ideas/combinations to keep you busy for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back