Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I have my computer functioning at 90%, but I've been unable to solve a few things, even after searching through the forum.

1. Webcam does not work. It used to, but not longer does.

hCrQNbT.png

2. WiFi and Bluetooth shut off after waking from sleep (WiFi and Bluetooth are both on-board, not USB)

3. Graphics initially scrambled during startup. I need to open and shut the lid 5-6 times in order to fix it.

4. Severe sleep/wake issues. If it sleeps for a shorter period of time, the screen is black with the backlight on, and this happens until I open and shut it around 5-6 times as well. If the sleep is longer (Maybe >an hour or two) I'm unable to wake the computer and I need to restart it.

5. MiniDisplay Port Video works, but not audio

The kexts I'm using are: ACPIBatteryManager, AppleHDADisabler, BrcmFirmwareRepo, BrcmPatchRAM2, CodecCommander, FakePCIID_Broadcom_Wifi, FakePCIID_XHCIMux, FakePCIID, FakeSMC, IntelBackLight, USBInjectAll, VoodooHDA, VoodooPS2Controller.

The DSDT patches I've used are: [bat] Dell XPS 13, [igpu] Brightness Fix (Haswell/Broadwell), [igpu] Rename GFX0 to IGPU, [syn] Fix ADBG Error, [sys] AC Adapter Fix, [sys] Add IMEI, [sys] Add MCHC, [sys] Fix _WAK Arg0 v2, [sys] Fix Mutex with non-zero SyncLevel, [sys] HPET Fix, [sys] IRQ Fix, [sys] OS Check Fix (Windows 8), [sys] RTC Fix, [sys] Shutdown Fix v2, [sys] SMBUS Fix, [usb] USB3 _PRW 0x6D (instant wake), Insert DTGP, and the BRT6 fix

Would really appreciate help on this.

ACPI is not patched correctly.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

You should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml
SSDT-11.aml
SSDT-12.aml
SSDT-13.aml

I patch on *.dsl for the SSDTs, but whenever I try to patch on DSDT.dsl, I get the following errors:

RbdGQOy.png

If it is in this code:
Code:
                If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
                {
                    CreateBitField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0C._RW, ECRW)  // _RW_: Read-Write Status
                    Store (Zero, ECRW (If (PM0H)
                            {
                                CreateDWordField (BUF0, \_SB.PCI0._Y0D._LEN, F0LN)  // _LEN: Length
                                Store (Zero, F0LN)
                            }))
                }

Fix is obvious:
Code:
                If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
                {
                    Store (Zero, ECRW) If (PM0H)
                            {
                                Store (Zero, F0LN)
                            }
                }

If it is in this code:
Code:
                If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
                {
                    Store (Zero, ECRW (If (PM0H)
                            {
                                Store (Zero, F0LN)
                            }))
                }

Fix is obvious:
Code:
                If (LEqual (PM6H, One))
                {
                    Store (Zero, ECRW) If (PM0H)
                            {
                                Store (Zero, F0LN)
                            }
                }
Ah okay, that did the job! Thanks so much!

ACPI is not patched correctly.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

You should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-9.aml
SSDT-10.aml
SSDT-11.aml
SSDT-12.aml
SSDT-13.aml

Okay, I updated clover, re-extracted my DSDT/SSDTs, and I believe I've properly patched them. I am still experiencing similar issues, except I only need to open and close the lid 1-2 times instead of 5-6 now.

Attachments

• IOReg + Clover + Terminal Outputs.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Okay, I updated clover, re-extracted my DSDT/SSDTs, and I believe I've properly patched them. I am still experiencing similar issues, except I only need to open and close the lid 1-2 times instead of 5-6 now.

Define "similar issues".

Define "similar issues".
1. Webcam is detected in USB, but I cannot see anything when I open photobooth
2. Graphics are scrambled at startup and I need to close and open the lid a few times to fix it
3. WiFi and Bluetooth will shut off if computer sleeps for long. Can't get them to work again unless I restart.
4. After closing the lid, and opening it, the screen will be black while the blacklight is on. I need to close and open it again a few times in order to get the picture back.
5. I can output HDMI video, but the audio does not output.

1. Webcam is detected in USB, but I cannot see anything when I open photobooth
2. Graphics are scrambled at startup and I need to close and open the lid a few times to fix it
3. WiFi and Bluetooth will shut off if computer sleeps for long. Can't get them to work again unless I restart.
4. After closing the lid, and opening it, the screen will be black while the blacklight is on. I need to close and open it again a few times in order to get the picture back.
5. I can output HDMI video, but the audio does not output.

1. probably a device specific problem (not all internal cameras work well)
2. enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS
3. Google Chrome is hooking your USB ports (read the FAQ)
4. try other ig-platform-id values
5. HDMI audio guide is linked from the FAQ

Also, remove garbage:
com.metakine.handsoff.driver

Also, implement USB correctly... plan on custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

You used the wrong brightness patch. IntelBacklight.kext uses "Brightness Fix", not the other patches.

You should not use the Add IMEI patch. You already have an IMEI device called HECI. You should rename HECI->IMEI, not add another ACPI identity for the same device.

Your patched DSDT has _OSI checks that don't allow for "Darwin".

The
1. probably a device specific problem (not all internal cameras work well)
2. enable legacy boot/CSM in BIOS
3. Google Chrome is hooking your USB ports (read the FAQ)
4. try other ig-platform-id values
5. HDMI audio guide is linked from the FAQ

Also, remove garbage:
com.metakine.handsoff.driver

Also, implement USB correctly... plan on custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

You used the wrong brightness patch. IntelBacklight.kext uses "Brightness Fix", not the other patches.

You should not use the Add IMEI patch. You already have an IMEI device called HECI. You should rename HECI->IMEI, not add another ACPI identity for the same device.

Your patched DSDT has _OSI checks that don't allow for "Darwin".

Thanks Rehabman!

I've been able to resolve the graphics and sleep/wake issues.

Disabling web USB hasn't resolved the WiFi/BT shut off after sleep though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back