Contribute
Register

El Capitan Beta with Dell XPS 13 9343 (Early 2015 Model)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the preferred method for audio ability, generally speaking; regarding compatibility, power efficiency, full implementation (speakers, microphone, headphones, HDMI, etc)

VoodooHDA, patched AppleHDA, CloverHDA, AppleALC, other(s)?

What's the preferred method for audio ability, generally speaking; regarding compatibility, power efficiency, full implementation (speakers, microphone, headphones, HDMI, etc)

VoodooHDA, patched AppleHDA, CloverHDA, AppleALC, other(s)?

There are really only two methods:
- patched AppleHDA (CloverHDA, AppleHDA, AppleALC, others... are all just different ways to patch AppleHDA)
OR
- VoodooHDA

There are really only two methods:
- patched AppleHDA (CloverHDA, AppleHDA, AppleALC, others... are all just different ways to patch AppleHDA)
OR
- VoodooHDA

Okay thanks. I have been using VoodooHDA up until now and have switched to AppleALC for audio. Internal speakers are working just fine as well as the headphone jack. The microphone however is recognized by the system in the system report and sound system preferences, but the microphone itself does not pick up any sound. Of course HDMI is not yet working either.

Any guidance for these two issues? Thanks.

P.S. I think you are requesting a different problem set of files for help, beyond the previous IOReg reports.

Okay thanks. I have been using VoodooHDA up until now and have switched to AppleALC for audio. Internal speakers are working just fine as well as the headphone jack. The microphone however is recognized by the system in the system report and sound system preferences, but the microphone itself does not pick up any sound. Of course HDMI is not yet working either.

Any guidance for these two issues? Thanks.

P.S. I think you are requesting a different problem set of files for help, beyond the previous IOReg reports.

You didn't specify whether it was an internal mic or external mic (connected via combo jack).
Combo jacks are tricky.
In either case, problem lies in your patched XML content (layout/pathmaps/pinconfigs).
Fixing it will require significant reading on AppleHDA patching and the Intel HDA spec.

You didn't specify whether it was an internal mic or external mic (connected via combo jack).
Combo jacks are tricky.
In either case, problem lies in your patched XML content (layout/pathmaps/pinconfigs).
Fixing it will require significant reading on AppleHDA patching and the Intel HDA spec.
This is an internal mic.

This is an internal mic.

"In either case..."
It means a problem in the pinconfigs, layout, and/or pathmaps.
Since you say the input shows in SysPrefs->Sound, but is not working, I suspect pathmap issue.

"In either case..."
It means a problem in the pinconfigs, layout, and/or pathmaps.
Since you say the input shows in SysPrefs->Sound, but is not working, I suspect pathmap issue.
I have the Voodoo_dump.txt from when I had VoodooHDA installed and the internal microphone was working. Would that provide some information that could be applied to AppleALC somewhere to get the internal microphone working?

Attachments

• voodoo_dump.txt
    29.9 KB · Views: 152
I have the Voodoo_dump.txt from when I had VoodooHDA installed and the internal microphone was working. Would that provide some information that could be applied to AppleALC somewhere to get the internal microphone working?

Most of the information you need is in the audio codec dump from Linux.
And then you need knowledge of how AppleHDA is patched... and knowledge of the Intel HDA spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back