Contribute
Register

El Cap drive not appearing in clover after install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same problem, I tried everything here! Changing the sata port, copying the EFI files from the usb, everything! I have an SSD and a Gigabyte x58a-ud3r mobo. Please help!

hi dxmorgan,

can you be more detailed about your procedure, im have the same situation.

tnx

:)

Hi!
Many motherboards have the option of choosing whether to manage the disk by intel driver or Marvel driver. In my case inside the motherboard I have 6 plugs, 2 blue and 4 black. the blu one for Marvel driver and the black one for Intel driver. I simply changed the plug from Marvel to Intel and it worked.
If you can try to plug your startup disk using USB and see if clover see it.
Which motherboard you have?

I'm having the same problem, I tried everything here! Changing the sata port, copying the EFI files from the usb, everything! I have an SSD and a Gigabyte x58a-ud3r mobo. Please help!

Hi!
your mobo has Marvel chip too so try to change every data port and disable Marvel from Bios

ok so all i did to fix this problem is connected my had drive to my mac laptop installed clover on it and walla you can see the hard drive when clover boot's from the hard drive have fun :beachball:

After messing up my system countless time, I finally fixed the problem ✌

What you need to do is to copy the BOOT and CLOVER directories from your USB to the EFI directory of the EFI partition of your El Capitan drive. You should see something like this:

/Volumes/EFI/BOOT
/Volumes/EFI/CLOVER

Assuming EFI points to the EFI partition of your El Capitan drive, disk0s1 for most users. If you boot only with USB, boot to the installer and copy the directories with Terminal
IT WORKED FOR ME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back