Contribute
Register

El Cap drive not appearing in clover after install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, given that I have both a Time Machine and Clone, I went ahead and nuked my SSD and did a clean install. It works––the SSD now shows up in the USB, and I can load El Cap. Now, graphics drivers and installing clover...

My problem is:
I format my SSD, i don't have time machine and i don't have any clone. I've only a "new" SSD.
What can I do?
Please help me!

Can you remind me of your current state? What boot loader are you using? Did you start or complete the El Capitan install? What is working or not?

I have tried a clean install before and problem occurs when you run Clover Legacy after finishing El Capitan installation. Each time Clover writes boot0af to the boot record the El Capitan partition disappears in Clover boot menu.

One solution that I suspect may work is to copy the whole USB to your EFI partition after finishing El Capitan installation. I do not have chance to try it because UniBeast struggles to install on my USB and hence my progress is kind of going backwards these days.

After messing up my system countless time, I finally fixed the problem ✌

What you need to do is to copy the BOOT and CLOVER directories from your USB to the EFI directory of the EFI partition of your El Capitan drive. You should see something like this:

/Volumes/EFI/BOOT
/Volumes/EFI/CLOVER

Assuming EFI points to the EFI partition of your El Capitan drive, disk0s1 for most users. If you boot only with USB, boot to the installer and copy the directories with Terminal

I do that but nothing, my SSD is still not visible...

Can you remind me of your current state? What boot loader are you using? Did you start or complete the El Capitan install? What is working or not?

Boot loader is legacy, I think this is appropriate for my old mobo (Asus p7h55m usb3), I think that I complete the El Capitan install, i wait until system restart so I think it end. It's work only the usb. I try to disconnect the SSD and connect via usb with a real Mac, I install clover on it and clover config and essential kext like fakesmc, and when I reconnect it with Sata it is not still visible if I boot with usb.
But, I install clover on SSD so I try to boot from it but It's show up only the Boot Maintenance Manager.
At this point I try to do that: (from a big list of clover problem)

These steps will scan the USB using File Explorer and allow you to boot Clover from file.
Choose Boot Maintenance Manager and hit Enter
Choose Boot From File and hit Enter
Choose USB and hit Enter (or to boot to a system drive, choose that instead)
Choose EFI and hit Enter
Choose BOOT and hit Enter
Choose BOOTX64.efi and hit Enter

If I do that I'm redirect to the usb boot when my SSD is still not visible...

I'm stuck!!

(Sorry for my English)

Update:

My SSD show up if i plug in it via usb!!!!!
The problem is the Sata!! What can i do??

YES!! I FIX IT!!

I think that clover don't support Marvell driver so, I fix it changing Sata plug in.
So try to do the same!!

hi dxmorgan,

can you be more detailed about your procedure, im have the same situation.

tnx

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back