i7 8700k
Graphics
EVGA 1080Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I'm having an issue where after I boot and check disk utility, it tells me that all my hard drives (boot drive and 2 storage drives) have corrupt EFI partitions and need to be repaired.

A couple of weeks back, I assume it was still doing this and I didn't realise, it became *too corrupt to boot*... I imagine something is happening on every boot causing it to mess up somewhere, but I really don't know where to look. It's just kind of annoying as I'm almost expecting it not to work again someday...

Any ideas where to look? At first I thought it was just related to Windows, because I often shut down to boot into Windows to use Steam, but I haven't been on it in a while and decided to check disk utility today and the partitions were all corrupt....

I'm using Yosemite 10.10.1 (otherwise my GPU [AMD] doesn't appear to work) with Clover.

Any ideas?

I have a very similar issue... Yosemite even reboots out of the blue.
I've disconnected the Windows HD and everything runs perfectly.
I'm still investigating. Im using Clover.

I've never had it reboot. I've had it fail to boot because the hard drive corrupted. I've been able to minimise the problem, but not solve it.

Basically, I used to use Paragon's free HFS software for Windows 8. Whenever I'd booted into Windows it was able to read the Mac drives and it must've been doing something in the background to screw them up... Since I've uninstalled that, I no longer get faulty partitions, but I do still get the faulty EFI drive, which is an easy fix. Still annoying, but I can live with it (more so than the hard drive corrupting).

I recommend removing any software on the Windows side that allows you to read HFS partitions. I know it's annoying, but if you need some kind of "swap" space, I'd recommend getting another drive and formatting it as FAT or exFAT (although I can't say I've done this with an internal drive, just an external I had lying around).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back