Contribute
Register

eelhead's X79 Build: GA-X79-UD5 - i7-3820 - GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say @eelhead I'd love to be able to do this:

I also went into my Extra folder to Themes and edited the theme/plist to accommodate my screen resolution of 2560x1440 so the Chimera and boot screens look good.

My screen is also that same resolution, and the bootup apple logo looks ugggglyyy... Can you direct me to a guide or just tell me more specifically how it is done? I found the extra folder, and themes... but I'm not sure what I should be changing, and you org.chameleon.boot.plist looks different than mine but I don't want to muck around with it without knowing what I'm doing.

Thanks!

In my case I went with the Intel Core i7 3930K and ASUS P8X79 Deluxe (with piecemeal 32GB of RAM) because in part Ivy Bridge wasn't available at the time. I don't regret it,.... Also I did get a good deal on the both the CPU and the motherboard.

I can still get a 3770K from Microcenter for something like. ~$229.99 though,......

Probably better to wait for Haswell and see what Ivy Bridge-E can do at this point though,....

Say @eelhead I'd love to be able to do this:

My screen is also that same resolution, and the bootup apple logo looks ugggglyyy... Can you direct me to a guide or just tell me more specifically how it is done? I found the extra folder, and themes... but I'm not sure what I should be changing, and you org.chameleon.boot.plist looks different than mine but I don't want to muck around with it without knowing what I'm doing.

Thanks!

You go to your extra folder and then Themes/Default and at bottom is themes.plist

There is two sections with screen width and high in the plist at the beginning and end I added my screen ratio under the hight and width

<key>screen_width</key>
<string>2560</string>
<key>screen_height</key>
<string>1440</string>

In the red you add it there, otherwise it has no numbers there

Very nice, very helpful. Thank you.

I'm looking to do a very similar build. Only significant difference is I plan on using the 6-core 3930K.

I was wondering if you've come across any solutions for the audio card? I plan on plugging in some standard stereo speakers.

Cheers,

Mark

@eelhead Any updates on sleep? And can you comment on what it's like day-to-day to not have sleep?

@eelhead Any updates on sleep? And can you comment on what it's like day-to-day to not have sleep?

I haven't tested much on sleep, I actually don't mind as much with no sleep.
If I walk away from the system for a little bit the monitor shuts down and if I need to leave for a while I have been just shutting it down for now.
Maybe this week I will try a suggested solution but I want to CCC my drive first before I start messing with a working system.

i feel u on backing up...
in on d fence on a new build for now(if it aint broke.......)
im waitin for all issues to b resolved before diving into a new build
my asus x58 is a perfect example..

Hi eels.. Just a few more questions :)...

I'm curious about your first step: "1) Set Proper Bios settings for installation of OS X"
...what do you mean by that?

I'm also curious about the commands you had to enter to get into unibeast. What do those commands do and are they necessary?

Hi eels.. Just a few more questions :)...

I'm curious about your first step: "1) Set Proper Bios settings for installation of OS X"
...what do you mean by that?

I'm also curious about the commands you had to enter to get into unibeast. What do those commands do and are they necessary?

The bios is pretty much set and native for OS X installation but your making sure that it is set to AHCI and what not, see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

As for using npci=0x3000, I had to use it, there was no way I could get into anything until I was able to run Multibeast and choose that option after installation, so every boot into it that flag is needed.

npci=0x3000 | 0x2000 |These options control the initialization order and can prevent random kernel panics
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back