Contribute
Register

eelhead's X79 Build: GA-X79-UD5 - i7-3820 - GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bios is pretty much set and native for OS X installation but your making sure that it is set to AHCI and what not, see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

As for using npci=0x3000, I had to use it, there was no way I could get into anything until I was able to run Multibeast and choose that option after installation, so every boot into it that flag is needed.

npci=0x3000 | 0x2000 |These options control the initialization order and can prevent random kernel panics
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/Org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Got it about the bios; I followed that guide on my previous build. But I wasn't aware that it also applied to the gigabyte x79 series boards.

Do you think it would also apply to other x79 boards, like the Sabertooth x79, which I just got? I understand if you wouldn't know, but I thought I'd ask in case since you've worked with an x79 board.

I've never used boot flags before... but these videos seem helpful: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2012/01/hackintosh-basics-kernel-panics-boot.html

Thanks for your straight-forward instructions btw! I'm sure I'll use some of this knowledge on my upcoming 3930k sabertooth build :thumbup:

I am not sure about other boards but I can say that the Gigabyte is almost catered to OS X and didn't have much to change.
Your Asus might be just as easy, I know there are already several Sabertooth builds out there.

Is your USB 3 working Eelhead? Was there anything you had to do to enable it?

Any update on the audio? I am interested in this board with a hex core but I need working audio. Also does anyone have any experience moving mirrored HFS+ drives between systems? Will I run into any issues?

Any update on the audio? I am interested in this board with a hex core but I need working audio. Also does anyone have any experience moving mirrored HFS+ drives between systems? Will I run into any issues?

I do not have audio working, I did a couple of simple things but they did not work.
I did not go crazy trying to figure it out because right now I run my audio through my Apple Cinema Display via USB.

When I can get another drive to clone my main one I will then do some experimenting but until then I will not test on my current drive, I have a history of jacking it all up and all is running fine right now lol.

Thanks for the update. I saw somewhere on here that someone else had front panel audio working but not rear. I am interested in this board but I really want to be sure audio is working. I am starting to feel like maybe I should just hold off for Ivy-Bridge-E and hope that is what the next MAC Pro will be using.

Hi eelhead!
I want to thank you for your fantastic guide. I followed the instructions and it was very easy to do. my graphic card GTX 660 Ti worked as well out of the box. And since I have an T.C Electronic konnekt 24D sound card I didn't care about the sound that was in the motherboard.
Thx again and thx to TonyMac and MacMan!

My components;
GA-X79-UD5, i7-3820 and an ASUS GTX 660 TI, T.C Electronic konnekt 24D

Thanks for the update. I saw somewhere on here that someone else had front panel audio working but not rear. I am interested in this board but I really want to be sure audio is working. I am starting to feel like maybe I should just hold off for Ivy-Bridge-E and hope that is what the next MAC Pro will be using.

Sorry , even I can not send private messages. about your question , My build work perfect with this board , my system 10.8.3 purchase in appstore ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back