Contribute
Register

eelhead's G5 Mod [REDUX] New pics and sorted first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
did the hd fan shroud come withe that case?

Which fan shroud?

The Kingwin bay had a fan on the back bit I replaced it with one a hell of a lot quieter.

Also so far the H60 pump sounds ok and haven't had any issues.

This is my set up for now until I dive into the Mac Pro case mod :)

I had 2 H60's both were defective with the load pump noise. You're lucky :cry:

I think the noise issue is a major issue for many of these Corsair units. My H100 does it intermittently but I really can't be bothered to RMA, I reckon that is something that happens a lot....

It's a shame as they are such good coolers.

the one thats on the hd carrier.....

heve u tried 10.8 update....no luck for me a work in progress.....using backups on both builds
not taking any chances....:crazy:

The fan on the HD carrier was one I swapped, it did originally come with one but OMG it was loud as hell. So the swap out with a nice quiet fan and that HDD hotswap enclosure is awesome now.

I didn't do Mountain Lion yet, I just did two clean Lion installs on my Sabertooth X58 and GA-X58A-UD3R a couple weeks ago. I wasn't in a real hurry to upgrade yet and I see people with some issues and some ATI issues which I don't want to tackle on my own. I will most likely help test out solutions real quick here and with the hotswap enclosure I can now do this easy without removing my system from the cabinet and all that :).

smart ...when i start a build a use hot swap carriers to simplify install and a/b tests
I'm waiting on ml...tried on i3 build no love..
10.7.4 on both builds for now till its all sorted:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back