Contribute
Register

Editing AGPM to prevent GTX4XX Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like my profile says, I have a Gigabyte GTX460 1GB,
and the first page says it's device Vendor10deDevice0e22.

C67EA648-B0C1-4355-81F9-479DA87C5DDF.jpg

Bidule200 said:
Like my profile says, I have a Gigabyte GTX460 1GB,
and the first page says it's device Vendor10deDevice0e22.

C67EA648-B0C1-4355-81F9-479DA87C5DDF.jpg

that's ridiculous, most probably u r the only guy who's getting freeze in lion.
try recreating the problem and post your log.

i am having this issue too, i don't know if it is the so called 'fermi freeze', but my hackintosh freezes every couple of minutes/hours... in the kernel log i see the following message: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x26 = FECS Err: Watchdog Timeout

i have lion 10.7.2 and GF GTX 560 ... i've also been reading on other forums, that this problem is flash related, so i installed adblock and flash blocker into my chrome browser ... since then i only become freeze after watching some flash videos, sometimes it happens with 2 videos, sometimes with 20, it is irregular... i haven't tried the looping video fix yet, the ad blocker is enough for now, i haven't had a freeze for 2 days now, even not after waking my computer from sleep

i would be really glad if someone came with a better solution :)

RastaFeri said:
i am having this issue too, i don't know if it is the so called 'fermi freeze', but my hackintosh freezes every couple of minutes/hours... in the kernel log i see the following message: NVDA(OpenGL): Channel exception! exception type = 0x26 = FECS Err: Watchdog Timeout

i have lion 10.7.2 and GF GTX 560 ... i've also been reading on other forums, that this problem is flash related, so i installed adblock and flash blocker into my chrome browser ... since then i only become freeze after watching some flash videos, sometimes it happens with 2 videos, sometimes with 20, it is irregular... i haven't tried the looping video fix yet, the ad blocker is enough for now, i haven't had a freeze for 2 days now, even not after waking my computer from sleep

i would be really glad if someone came with a better solution :)

yea i still get them in 10.7.2 also same error as you and also sometimes sw notify error in kernel log. Also full screen artifacting. these new drivers are still crap just not as crappy as the snow leopard ones were.

i found out, that this happens almost everytime i play a flash video, especially on youtube... not all videos do this, it is irregular...

Is it somehow possible to modify the MacPro3,1.plist so that it would load the AGPM?

...if I remember correctly my Hack would not boot up or use CPU P-States correctly when using MacPro4,1.

Thanks, Jascha

Just thought I'd add my situation to this thread- I'll admit I'm kind of a N00b since I haven't run hackintosh in YEARS, but just built a new machine to give it a go again. Installed 10.7.2 fresh w/ unibeast and my galaxy gtx 460 768 seemed to work OOB. However if I let the system sit for a while (with sleep disabled) I get this weird multicolored static / snow; I have to put the machine to sleep and wake it (or restart) to get rid of it and log back on. Not sure if it's display sleep or a default screensaver (is there a default screensaver for lion?), didn't get a chance to turn those off and test yet. I'll try to take a look at the kernel log when I get home tonight too.

I did have one freeze so far, during flash video. Although I haven't been able to reproduce it. Either way, is it still possible to to edit the AGPM plist to disable state 3 in 10.7.2? It seems like there really isn't a downside to doing this. If the editing procedure or code is different from 10.6.x could someone post what the difference is?

RastaFeri said:
i found out, that this happens almost everytime i play a flash video, especially on youtube... not all videos do this, it is irregular...

i suppose youtube has its videos encoded in such a way, that the videos are being rendered using the graphics card, not the CPU.

i've disabled hw acceleration in flash, first youtube videos look normal, maybe it'll work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back