Contribute
Register

Editing AGPM to prevent GTX4XX Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it somehow possible to modify the MacPro3,1.plist so that it would load the AGPM?

...if I remember correctly my Hack would not boot up or use CPU P-States correctly when using MacPro4,1.

Thanks, Jascha

Just thought I'd add my situation to this thread- I'll admit I'm kind of a N00b since I haven't run hackintosh in YEARS, but just built a new machine to give it a go again. Installed 10.7.2 fresh w/ unibeast and my galaxy gtx 460 768 seemed to work OOB. However if I let the system sit for a while (with sleep disabled) I get this weird multicolored static / snow; I have to put the machine to sleep and wake it (or restart) to get rid of it and log back on. Not sure if it's display sleep or a default screensaver (is there a default screensaver for lion?), didn't get a chance to turn those off and test yet. I'll try to take a look at the kernel log when I get home tonight too.

I did have one freeze so far, during flash video. Although I haven't been able to reproduce it. Either way, is it still possible to to edit the AGPM plist to disable state 3 in 10.7.2? It seems like there really isn't a downside to doing this. If the editing procedure or code is different from 10.6.x could someone post what the difference is?

RastaFeri said:
i found out, that this happens almost everytime i play a flash video, especially on youtube... not all videos do this, it is irregular...

i suppose youtube has its videos encoded in such a way, that the videos are being rendered using the graphics card, not the CPU.

i've disabled hw acceleration in flash, first youtube videos look normal, maybe it'll work

Just wanted to give everyone an update - using Multibeast 4.1 (including openCL patch) seems to have made everything work perfectly :headbang: even 3D games work now, and my Xbench OpenGL score more than doubled! To anyone who had the same issues as me: try deleting you \Extra folder and rerunning multibeast (4.1) with all your options. Good luck!

this **** is getting really annoying. got a nice gfx card that isn't worth crap with these crap drivers...

montiniz said:
that's ridiculous, most probably u r the only guy who's getting freeze in lion.
try recreating the problem and post your log.
I was getting freezes with PNY and EVGA GTX 460. It became unbearable with 10.7.2, so I replaced it with 9400, 260, 285, 470 and all of them worked fine. GTX 460 are "cursed" and very unstable for now.

It is not 4XX issue, it is 460, maybe 450 issue only.

customac said:
montiniz said:
I was getting freezes with PNY and EVGA GTX 460. It became unbearable with 10.7.2, so I replaced it with 9400, 260, 285, 470 and all of them worked fine. GTX 460 are "cursed" and very unstable for now.

that's not true. i used to have palit gts 450 and in sl it was terrible, then i got palit gtx460 pe, which was same thing in sl, but since lion came out, not even a single freeze. rarely still get kps but it's nothing connected to graphics.

montiniz said:
customac said:
montiniz said:

that's not true. i used to have palit gts 450 and in sl it was terrible, then i got palit gtx460 pe, which was same thing in sl, but since lion came out, not even a single freeze. rarely still get kps but it's nothing connected to graphics.
I am not sure what you and others call fermi freeze, but I started with Lion and GTX460 and noticed frequent and not really related to any activity KP and complete system lockups. The recovery was only to pull the plug on the machine. Once I got rid of GTX460 over a month ago I do not experience these "fun to deal with" encounters anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back