CPU
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
At the moment in system profiler my serial number just says "change_me". I need to give my hackintosh a serial number as I believe because it doesn't have a serial number it is giving me a itunes cloud error?

any help would be appreciated!!

At the moment in system profiler my serial number just says "change_me". I need to give my hackintosh a serial number as I believe because it doesn't have a serial number it is giving me a itunes cloud error?

any help would be appreciated!!

You can change it in /Extra/smbios.plist

The program Chameleon Wizard can edit/create

a SMBios.plist for you

It is in the downloads --> community software section

This is a great program for many things.

Yeah I've downloaded that editor. Once it creates tr plist where does it need to go? And will it affect my dsdt etc? Last thing I want is trying to recover from a panic...

Yeah I've downloaded that editor. Once it creates tr plist where does it need to go? And will it affect my dsdt etc? Last thing I want is trying to recover from a panic...

smbios.plist already exists in your /Extra folder.

Many Thanks managed to change the serial.

However, I'm still having problems with my iTunes Match. It says my computer is already associated with another apple ID and I cannot use my Apple ID for another 90 days. Every 90 days it just resets to the 90 day warning again.

I've only used my apple ID on this computer and no one elses (No other user accounts either), i have a feeling it has something to do with authorisation?? Thought putting a serial in would fix it..

Any ideas?

Many Thanks managed to change the serial.

However, I'm still having problems with my iTunes Match. It says my computer is already associated with another apple ID and I cannot use my Apple ID for another 90 days. Every 90 days it just resets to the 90 day warning again.

I've only used my apple ID on this computer and no one elses (No other user accounts either), i have a feeling it has something to do with authorisation?? Thought putting a serial in would fix it..

Any ideas?

It depends if the serial number is currently in use by lots of other users maybe.

I am wondering if you came up with a solution to this yet. I know this thread is a couple of months old.
I have the same issue with iTunes Match each time I upgrade OSX. The only way I have been able to fix it each time is to contact Apple and have them reset my iTunes Match associated computers (5 max in total) and then add the computers again. PITA to contact Apple each time.

Have you a fix yet?
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back