Contribute
Register

ECS NM70 with 1037U celeron, Ivy bridge based

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking its a variant of HD2500 in a mobile version maybe its not fully compatible. Haven't messsed with DSDT so its without one. Pretty impressed with it none the less in a small form factor. I'll let you know if I make any more progress. I may just get another case and put in a pci express compatible graphics. Let me know if you make any progress as well.

Thanks

i have come to the same conclusion as to HD2500 on the celeron 10x7u series.

a couple of months ago, i hacked a dell inspiron 3521, with a celeron 1017U. after many days of trial and error, and reading everything i could find about HD2500/4000, the best i could do was to inject the platform-id of 01660003. i injected it using the dsdt, but during troubleshooting, i injected it via the chameleon (not chimera) plist.

the key discovery that i made was that i needed to remove AppleHD4000Graphics.kext from S/L/E in order to boot into normal mode. i had discovered that when booted into safe mode, just getting default low resolution, the HD4000 kext wasn't loaded.

by removing the kext, and injecting the proper platform id for my CPU, i got full resolution for the dell's screen, but no QE/CI. that's a problem for the laptop, since dvd player requires QE/CI.

the other day i picked up a gigabyte GA-C1037UN mini-itx board to replace an atom mobo in a super micro enclosure. after 3 days of experimentation with the plist, trying all the ig-platform-id's for the HD2500, all the combinations of graphics enabler/ig enabler, all to no avail, (either got a black or herringbone/multicolor desktop) i finally gave up and removed the HD4000 kext. when i booted, i got a strange double (side-by-side) image of the desktop, but i was able to grab System Preferences from the apple menu, then Displays, then changed from Best for Display to Scaled and chose 1080p, since i'm connected to a 1080p monitor. voila--i got a desktop at the proper resolution, but again, no QE/CI. in the plist i have EnableDualLink Yes, GraphicsEnabler Yes, IGEnabler No, SkipNvidiaGfx Yes, and Graphics Mode 1920x1080x32, and Injectintel-ig 0B006601 (the command requires the platform id bits to be flipped). note: i believe chimera doesn't support the Injectintel-ig command so i am using the latest rev of Chameleon.

i have not found any credible source on the internet that definitively says the Celeron 10X7U series has HD2500. the Intel data site just says HDGraphics. i found one citation the other day (sorry, don't remember where) that referred to ...celeron 1037U has HD2500 graphics based on HDGraphics. that leads me to believe it's ALMOST HD2500 but not quite. if it were truly HD2500, what i think is supposed to happen is that if you inject the proper HD4000 platform id for your version of the 1037U, (the 0166xxxx and 0162xxxx are HD4000; i believe HD2500 platform id's start with 0156) it tells OS X during boot that you really have an HD 4000, and the HD4000 kexts and the Capri FB kext are loaded and all works as it should. since we don't really have HD2500, OS X isn't loading the kexts properly, or they are being loaded but don't work properly, preventing us from getting proper functioning. yes, i checked the capriFB kext and HD4000 kext to make sure the info.plists have the device ID for this chip.

Attachments

• osxlenovo1.JPG
    osxlenovo1.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 193
  • osxlenovo2.JPG
    osxlenovo2.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 209
i cant even manage to install it
i used cpus=1 and -v
i also tried it with -x
but it always stops me at missing bluetooth controller :banghead:

i cant even manage to install it
i used cpus=1 and -v
i also tried it with -x
but it always stops me at missing bluetooth controller :banghead:
Well I managed to get past Bluetooth but I still can't install
How did u do it

Hey , sorry this post is too old, but i was searching the entire internet and i found someone who has the same board as me... i cannot boot and go through the apple sign. It reboots automatically and i cannot install OS Mojave.
I think i will surrender and build another new one hackintosh, this one is really a mess!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back